DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

Arizona GM Steve Keim has been suspended for five games after pleading guilty to "Extreme DUI". 

Which, in Arizona, I think means he mixed up his peyote with his meth. 

• Haha 3

So Niners fans are looking at Twitter and nervously wondering why Jimmy Garoppolo is trending right now.  Well if you are wondering first don't check this at work and second of all given the issues with Niners QB in the last 5 years this is probably the least nervous thing they have dealt with  :P

25 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So Niners fans are looking at Twitter and nervously wondering why Jimmy Garoppolo is trending right now.  Well if you are wondering first don't check this at work and second of all given the issues with Niners QB in the last 5 years this is probably the least nervous thing they have dealt with  :P

The amount of hate that he's getting from just random women is hilarious.  He's the stereotypical dreamboat quarterback, and he's outchea living his best life.  My new dream is for him to win the Super Bowl and instead of saying, "I'm going to Disney World," he says, "I'm hosting the AVN Awards."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/17/2018 at 2:48 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Arizona GM Steve Keim has been suspended for five games after pleading guilty to "Extreme DUI". 

Which, in Arizona, I think means he mixed up his peyote with his meth. 

Totally thought that said Steve Keirn at first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, I guess I'm done with them until they rescind this ridiculous policy.  

I seriously cannot believe I just typed that sentence. 

I hope every player takes a knee at the first game.  

• Like 3

I am assuming they are going to duck for cover under WE WON'T ACTUALLY SUSPEND ANYONE!!! IT IS JUST PART OF THE LARGER POLICY! OUR HANDS ARE TIED!!! (by our own policy we created)

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Anthem policy has officially been "suspended" while the NFL negotiates with the union like they should've before they ever enacted it.

Hopefully they get nowhere in negotiations and realize the best thing would be  to just stop playing the song before games. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The well is so thoroughly poisoned at this point that they'd never get away with that. 

That is what happens when you start the game with a political statement and don't take into consideration that it will lead to more political statements.  They opened a door, and are surprised that people walked through it.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just remember this was pretty much a dead issue by week 2 last year.   Only a small handful of players were kneeling, Kapernick was blackballed from the NFL and hardly anyone cared.  Then Trump had to play to his base in Alabama/distract from some weird shit that happened earlier in the week and brought it up again.  And here we are today.   

16 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Just remember this was pretty much a dead issue by week 2 last year.   Only a small handful of players were kneeling, Kapernick was blackballed from the NFL and hardly anyone cared.  Then Trump had to play to his base in Alabama/distract from some weird shit that happened earlier in the week and brought it up again.  And here we are today.   

My favorite part is how long it even took to realize that Kaepernick wasn't standing for the anthem.  He was just quietly sitting on the bench for a couple weeks and no one even noticed.  He started kneeling because he talked to a Navy seal who said it was more respectful.  People literally went from not noticing his protest, to accusing him of disrespecting the very people who told him it was more respectful to kneel.  It is legitimately one of the most insane jumps I've ever seen in public opinion.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, supremebve said:

My favorite part is how long it even took to realize that Kaepernick wasn't standing for the anthem.  He was just quietly sitting on the bench for a couple weeks and no one even noticed.  He started kneeling because he talked to a Navy seal who said it was more respectful.  People literally went from not noticing his protest, to accusing him of disrespecting the very people who told him it was more respectful to kneel.  It is legitimately one of the most insane jumps I've ever seen in public opinion.

Same thing happened with Abdul Rauf. He stopped standing for the anthem in 94 and nobody noticed until 96. Suddenly it is an uproar and he gets suspended for a game and forced by the NBA to stop.

Okay, the Dolphins apparently got dinged because they opened camp first and had to file disciplinary guidelines paperwork based on NFL rules.  All 31 other teams were going to submit identical types of disciplinary schedules.

The Dolphins' backlash caused them to suspend the rule. 

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming they are going to duck for cover under WE WON'T ACTUALLY SUSPEND ANYONE!!! IT IS JUST PART OF THE LARGER POLICY! OUR HANDS ARE TIED!!! (by our own policy we created)

It's like you're psychic or something:

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

It's a good thing this isn't an election year and Orange Julius Caesar isn't going to be spending a lot of time stumping in the fall. Otherwise, shit might get weird again. 

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

And who said white men can't jump???

Ok, slowly backing away from the most awkward of laughs...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Okay, the Dolphins apparently got dinged because they opened camp first and had to file disciplinary guidelines paperwork based on NFL rules.  All 31 other teams were going to submit identical types of disciplinary schedules.

The Dolphins' backlash caused them to suspend the rule. 

FWIW, Baltimore submitted their list before Milani and didn't include anthem protests, so it's not like the Dolphins had to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

FWIW, Baltimore submitted their list before Milani and didn't include anthem protests, so it's not like the Dolphins had to do it.

ಠ_ಠ

(EDIT -- This might be the meanest title yet.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It's a good thing this isn't an election year and Orange Julius Caesar isn't going to be spending a lot of time stumping in the fall. Otherwise, shit might get weird again. 

With how much he loves campaigning, the mid-terms coming up, and all the Mueller stuff, I'd bet big money on him bringing it up again just like he did earlier today just so it can be a distraction.

• Like 1