DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Gloria Allred is a mixed bag, at best. However, this is not the time or place...

ANYWHO....

On the upside, the guy that bought the gloves off of eBay (not the media asshole that got them and sold them) and Rudolph have teamed up to raise over $15,000 for the University of Minnesota Children's Hospital since this has come to light.

Quite a bit more than the $375.50 that the gloves ultimately sold for.

Also, Rudolph did say that the media person in question is not a Twin Cities media member or a national type that he interacts with frequently. Not sure how much that narrows things down, but it's something.

Edited by Gonzo

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

Drew Rosenhaus is cutting ties with Antonio Brown.  That is about as big of an indictment as humanely possible.

Rosenhaus says he'll still work with Brown if Brown gets help.

Didn't a player in one of the divisional games smack the shit out of a camera man's ass this past weekend? I want to say it was a 49ers player.

Why were players going to get arrested for smoking? Indoor smoking bylaws? Must be something else, surely.

9 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Didn't a player in one of the divisional games smack the shit out of a camera man's ass this past weekend? I want to say it was a 49ers player.

Why were players going to get arrested for smoking? Indoor smoking bylaws? Must be something else, surely.

The fact that they weren't going to be arrested, because that dude wasn't even a cop, he was an overzealous security guard.  This dude was in the winning locker room after the national championship game and doing Gatorade bottle checks and asking people to put out cigars.  That dude is a fucking clown.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Oyaji said:

#59 on the Titans

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh.  My god... 

If true, THIS is "disband the organization" level.

I've been listening to The Catch and Kill podcast about the Weinstein sexual harassment fiasco, and it is amazing how many people were complicit in keeping that shit quiet.  People legitimately go out of their way to cover up sexual crimes for seemingly no reason whatsoever.  I don't understand it, most of these people have nothing to gain from covering this shit up, but they do it any way.

21 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

At this rate, the Saints are in line for the NFL to give them a very, very stern talking to.

Perhaps even a strongly-worded letter.

I have a question.  If you have a group of clergy accused of sexual abuse, why the fuck do you go to your local football team and ask them for their advice?  Am I crazy?  I just don't get what's in it for the archdiocese, the Saints, or anyone else.  This seems like a completely and totally avoidable issue.  Here is how the email exchange would have went with me.

[email protected]

Hey Supremebve, 

Can you help us with this list of clergy who have been accused of sexual abuse.

[email protected]

Nope.  You got it.

• Like 3

because the NFL has such a proven track record of being able to intimidate and strongarm local media & governments into compliance.

no mob to turn to anymore, why not try your local NFL capo

23 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

because the NFL has such a proven track record of being able to intimidate and strongarm local media & governments into compliance.

no mob to turn to anymore, why not try your local NFL capo

We look at these things very differently.  Not saying what you said isn't 100% true, but I can't think of an organization I would trust less to handle anything clandestine than the NFL.  Everything they do leaks.  It wouldn't ask them to help put the covers on my bed without it getting out, it wouldn't cross my mind to ask them to cover up a criminal conspiracy.