DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

Yeah, now that you mention it, the gun is nearly a requisite accessory for any father who's wearing 1) a white belt with dark clothes and 2) a goddamned baseball cap in his daughter's prom photo. Way to hit the Shitbird trifecta (or kick the Shitbird FG, in his case).

Who wants to bet his fucking shoes are either brown or are sneakers, too?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

...I'll be honest, when I first looked at the picture I didn't even notice the gun.

All I could see was that fucking white belt.

5 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Yeah, now that you mention it, the gun is nearly a requisite accessory for any father who's wearing 1) a white belt with dark clothes and 2) a goddamned baseball cap in his daughter's prom photo. Way to hit the Shitbird trifecta (or kick the Shitbird FG, in his case).

Who wants to bet his fucking shoes are either brown or are sneakers, too?

He did a great job of coordinating his gun with his pants, though. I'm pretty sure that's always in the top 5 rules of any reputable men's style guide.

• Like 1

Paul Richardson was apparently pulled over and accused of being a drug dealer or a gang member by the cop because he was driving a new car.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/25/virginia-police-reviewing-traffic-stop-of-paul-richardson/

*sigh*

Washington FC is about to be in a world of shit.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/02/sports/redskins-cheerleaders-nfl.html

When the Washington Redskins took their cheerleading squad to Costa Rica in 2013 for a calendar photo shoot, the first cause for concern among the cheerleaders came when Redskins officials collected their passports upon arrival at the resort, depriving them of their official identification.

And it only gets worse from there.... 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

At what point does Dan Snyder get Donald Sterling'd from the league?

Plot to a cheap slasher flick? No! It's how a multi-billion dollar corporation treats volunteers and marginalized employees.

Can we get Thanos to finger-snap the NFL as a concept? Can we do that? Is that asking for too much?

• Like 2

“I have five sisters,” he said, adding that at his boat parties “no one was allowed to be disrespected.”

“It breaks my heart because I’m a mom and I’ve done this for a long time,” she said. “Where is this coming from? I would never put a woman in a situation like that. I actually mentor these women to be strong and to speak up, and it kills me to hear that.”

Fuck. Off. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sasha said:

At what point does Dan Snyder get Donald Sterling'd from the league?

In a league that has Jerry Jones and Jimmy Haslem as owners? Never, and I'm still shocked the NBA managed to oust Sterling.

• Thanks 2

We have to do training about human trafficking every year.

Taking the passports away is, literally, the first thing those sorts of people do.

But, as has already been said, nothing's going to happen to Dan Snyder, because NFL owners.

19 hours ago, Gonzo said:

We have to do training about human trafficking every year.

Taking the passports away is, literally, the first thing those sorts of people do.

But, as has already been said, nothing's going to happen to Dan Snyder, because NFL owners.

The thing that made me go from thinking this was a crazy story to this is a horrible story was the taking of the passports.  There is one thing to pressure someone into doing something that they don't want to do, but a huge difference when you remove that person's ability to say no.  Everything done to these women after they took away their passports should be looked at as suspicious.  I'm not a legal mind, but what is the actual difference between kidnapping and taking someone's passport when they leave the country?  Remember when they locked up OJ?  The charge that really fucked him wasn't the murder, or the robbery.  It was that legally, telling someone to move to the other side of the room against their will is considered kidnapping.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...