DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I'm pretty sure there was something circulating that said that if his appeal is denied and his suspension is upheld that it voids all of the guarantees in his contract.

That's too bad.

Schefter tweeted earlier this week that the Raiders were trying to trade for him

No one else reported it and Schefter is pretending he never said it

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2018 at 6:33 PM, Gonzo said:

I'm pretty sure there was something circulating that said that if his appeal is denied and his suspension is upheld that it voids all of the guarantees in his contract.

That's too bad.

We may end up being saved from our own stupidity in having given him that deal. Good player who is completely incapable of staying on the field because of bullshit. Fed up with relying on terrible character guys who've got us nowhere.

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Trevone Boykin's girlfriend has accused him of choking her out and breaking her jaw last week. 

So, it's no surprise this just happened:

Guessing they saw pictures of her because if she has a broken jaw it would be obvious and that would be pretty damning evidence. Fuck that guy. Hard. With a power drill. Until his asshole looks like hamburger. Fucking scum.

• Like 1

I remember talking to my cousin, who used to bounce in nightclubs and has been in or around as many fights as anyone you'd ever meet.  I remember someone claimed they were going to break someone's jaw, and I just looked at him and asked, "How many broken jaws have you witnessed?"  He looked at me, thought it over for a while, and said, "one."  He then told me about the time when he was in a huge brawl at a club and someone fell down and someone stepped on his jaw and snapped it in half.  I say that to say this...it takes a lot to break a person's jaw.  If that dude broke her jaw, put him under the jail.

• Like 5

On 1/19/2018 at 3:10 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jets WR Robby Anderson was arrested this morning going 105mph in a 45mph speed zone.  

While in the car, he threatened to sexually assault the arresting officer's wife and... *squints at the notes*  Ah yes,  "Nut in her eye."  

Class. 

The felony charges associated with Mr. Anderson have been dropped.  

I believe the proper turn of phrase is...  

jYwIkKX.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The felony charges associated with Mr. Anderson have been dropped.  

I believe the proper turn of phrase is...  

jYwIkKX.gif

I'm going to have to find a funny gif whenever the Michael Bennett charges get dropped.  Maybe that one scene from Blade Runner when Dwight Yoakim, rams the dude in the wheelchair into the wall.  I still don't understand what exactly they've accused him of and how it took 14 months to figure out whether or not to charge him.  

39 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Maybe that one scene from Blade Runner when Dwight Yoakim, rams the dude in the wheelchair into the wall.  

Pretty sure that's Sling Blade, there. 

Makes me wonder what the mash-up would be, though. Someone's done a Sling Blade Runner parody by now, right? "Some calls it a replicant, I calls it a Synth, mmmm. Well it caughts it on top of my mama while I's eatin' some biscuits 'n' mustard, so I retired it, mmm."

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Pretty sure that's Sling Blade, there. 

Makes me wonder what the mash-up would be, though. Someone's done a Sling Blade Runner parody by now, right? "Some calls it a replicant, I calls it a Synth, mmmm. Well it caughts it on top of my mama while I's eatin' some biscuits 'n' mustard, so I retired it, mmm."

How'd I type Blade Runner...I'm going to be a senior citizen by the end of the week.

Well this is as stupid as stupid gets

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Trevor Davis was arrested Sunday and charged with making "criminal threats" after joking about a bomb at the Los Angeles International Airport, according to LAX police.

Public information officer Rob Pedregon told ESPN on Monday that Davis was taken into custody and released on his own recognizance pending a May 3 court appearance.

"Yesterday, Trevor Davis checked in at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter and was asked the usual questions about whether he was carrying any aerosol cans, knives, weapons or explosives," Pedregon said. "Davis turned to his female companion and asked if she remembered to pack the explosives. He was then taken into custody and booked."

The case has been referred to the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department, Pedregon said.

Well the Eagles are now 0-2 in new free agent signings as Daryl Worley was arrested this morning for resisting the cops.  Earlier Michael Bennett was arrested before pushing down an old woman trying to get on the field during the Super Bowl 

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Well the Eagles are now 0-2 in new free agent signings as Daryl Worley was arrested this morning for resisting the cops.  Earlier Michael Bennett was arrested before pushing down an old woman trying to get on the field during the Super Bowl 

And now the Eagles have waived him.

Worley, I mean.

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

Technically he wasn't a FA signing since he was traded to the Eagles in the Torrey Smith deal.

Either way - he ain't playing for them

23 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

I'm so curious about all of the people who think pulling a gun on someone else's child is funny.  Seriously, if that kid's dad pulled a gun on his daughter, would he think it was funny?  I honestly don't know what would have happened if I went home and told my mom that some dude's dad pulled a gun on me as a "joke."  I'm just saying, I have some family members who would show up at his house to make sure he knew that that shit ain't funny.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Beyond the whole thing being blatantly staged and stupid, the kid doesn't seem concerned.

It's still not the point.  The point is that it is hugely inappropriate to take a picture insinuating that you'll shoot someone else's child.  It doesn't matter if he's concerned.  It doesn't matter if he's in on it.  The fact that this is something he thinks is funny is weird as fuck at the very least.