DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

So let me see if I understand this correctly.   Found guilty of obstruction of justice in a murder trial and yet you have no problem with building a statue for Ray Lewis outside Ravens stadium.  Now he puts BOTH KNEES on the ground in an obvious prayer before the Jaguars game and over 50,000 have signed a petition to remove the statue.    In Baltimore a city that was rightly or wrongly in the middle of the police brutality debate that started this whole thing.  

Maybe it is the fans that need to "stick to sports" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

So let me see if I understand this correctly.   Found guilty of obstruction of justice in a murder trial and yet you have no problem with building a statue for Ray Lewis outside Ravens stadium.  Now he puts BOTH KNEES on the ground in an obvious prayer before the Jaguars game and over 50,000 have signed a petition to remove the statue.    In Baltimore a city that was rightly or wrongly in the middle of the police brutality debate that started this whole thing.  

Maybe it is the fans that need to "stick to sports" 

I don't understand why people take anything he says serious enough to be mad.  I found his ridiculous explanation about how his kneeling wasn't really kneeling, despite the fact that he was clearly kneeling, ha ha fucking funny.  The funniest thing about Ray Lewis is how everything he says is a sermon from a stereotypical baptist preacher.  Outside of a pulpit, has anyone ever talked like that?  

Outside of the Super Bowl and Thanksgiving day games, how often were the networks televising the national anthem anyway? It's not like NASCAR, where they show the anthems being sung every single race and do a prayer.

4 hours ago, Dewar said:

Outside of the Super Bowl and Thanksgiving day games, how often were the networks televising the national anthem anyway? It's not like NASCAR, where they show the anthems being sung every single race and do a prayer.

Since the start of this whole thing nearly every early game. The late games usually had a video package coming back from a brake.

• 2 weeks later...