DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

The Jags sort of made a bare minimum statement given Khan's donation to Mango Mussilini. 

Jaguars owner Shad Khan is in London with the team and spokesman Jim Woodcock said Khan would not have a separate statement regarding President Trump's recent comments about players that protest during the National Anthem. "Commissioner Goodell's statement speaks for Mr. Khan and the Jaguars," Woodcock said. Khan is one of seven NFL owners who donated $1 million to Trump.

Last week there maybe 5 - 10 players "protesting" in the NFL that most of you didn't notice.  This week at the least 50% of the league will "protest" including a fucking baseball player.  And everyone will notice.

Really know how to pick your spots there "president"  :lol:

Also love the idea that the players kneeled for the anthem but stood up for God Save the Queen or whatever the British version of the anthem is.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Last week there maybe 5 - 10 players "protesting" in the NFL that most of you didn't notice.  This week at the least 50% of the league will "protest" including a fucking baseball player.  And everyone will notice.

Really know how to pick your spots there "president"  :lol:

Also love the idea that the players kneeled for the anthem but stood up for God Save the Queen or whatever the British version of the anthem is.   

You mean how everyone will be preoccupied with this nonsense as they try and pass another health care bill? Someone is smart like a fox.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

You mean how everyone will be preoccupied with this nonsense as they try and pass another health care bill? Someone is smart like a fox.

Not really...  that bill has no chance of passing at this point as Susan Collins is now the 3rd "No", I mean she said she'll wait to hear what the CBO says but...   enough about politics.  Good to see a lot more players out here being unified.  The message and narrative has been twisted around by detractors for a year now,  mainly because THEY don't want to have an actual conversation about what the real issue is. 

Considering how many times I've stood for the anthem - because the concession stand wouldn't give me a chair while I waited - or stood belatedly then continued texting, I probably don't have any room to criticize how other people observe/protest the anthem.

I'll gripe about NFL players kneeling for the national anthem when one of my team's guys blows out a knee while kneeling.

• Like 1

Again I live in an area where no matter the sporting event and no matter the city we have people yelling 'OOOOOOOO' in the middle of the national anthem.  They aren't doing because they love their military.  They aren't doing it because they love cops.  They are doing because a bunch of Orioles fans did it decades and people think it is cool.  Washington Capital fans I believe yell 'RED' during the national anthem.   So spare me.

Also except for a 9/11 tribute I have never been to a remotely quiet bar or restaurant when the anthem is played on TV.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Don't forget, we only have these huge flag-waving spectacles with soldiers on the filed and all this other shit because the armed forces pays for them as a recruiting tool. 

It is also against the flag code to spread a flag across the field horizontally.  Kneeling by the way is not.  

• Like 6

Just now, supremebve said:

It is also against the flag code to spread a flag across the field horizontally.  Kneeling by the way is not.  

making clothing out of it is also a big no-no

sports team uniforms and uniform accessories included.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'm hoping it's also against flag code to wear a flag as clothing, especially every article of clothing.  I saw footage of Trump supporters showing up in DC a few weeks ago looking like Sandman or Love Machine Art Barr with no sense of irony.

los-gringos-locos.jpg

#MAGA!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Technico Support said:

I'm hoping it's also against flag code to wear a flag as clothing, especially every article of clothing.  I saw footage of Trump supporters showing up in DC a few weeks ago looking like Sandman or Love Machine Art Barr with no sense of irony.

Yep, the NFL and their sponsors are probably the biggest group of flag code offenders in the country, not including the kneelers who aren't doing anything against the flag code.

The flag code just says to be respectful.  Booing the people kneeling, not respectful.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

The Flag Code states that the only improper use of the flag as clothing is if the clothing is made from an actual flag.

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The Flag Code states that the only improper use of the flag as clothing is if the clothing is made from an actual flag. 

That is dubious.  I don't think they thought people would wear nothing but American flag apparel when they wrote it.  Not only that, it is in the code that the flag shouldn't be printed on anything disposable, which may cover it.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

If this somehow leads to Mexican-Americans teaching Trump supporters how to do a proper frog splash, I may be able to live with it.

46 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Something, something  a tree falling in the woods... 

For fuck's sake, look at the guy, he looks way older than I do and I'm sixty.  Silly bastard was probably due to retire anyway.

They probably stopped paying him years ago, and he just figured it out and needed an excuse to not feel silly.

Also, based on the tweets I'm seeing since I don't watch anything before kickoff, my associate manager (along w/ one of my co-workers) fell for the fake Jerry Jones "no protesting" story this morning that he was gloating all about. 

I'm going to be at work tomorrow like

tenor.gif

It's going to be like when Hulk turned heel at BATB 96.

• Like 3