DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

Well good thing they got that Josh Brown situation taken care of by suspending him for 6 games.   Forget that he doesn't play for any NFL team now and probably won't play for another team. 

And I am sure the timing is a complete coincidence.  At this rate I am expecting to hear that Ray Rice was popped for 6 games soon :rolleyes:  

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 4:58 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Military, police and Browns players will stand in unity and somehow that will help create a solution to the issue that the police don't believe exists. We've seen this before. Rinse, repeat. 

Am I the only one who hates how everyone drags the military into all of this?  At what point has anyone took a knee against the military?  That's like me taking a knee against 49ers fans, and someone interpreting it as me hating Kansas City Royals fans.  I honestly do not get where the military has anything to do with any of these protests.  They people protesting have made it very clear why their protesting, except everybody tries to make it something else.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Am I the only one who hates how everyone drags the military into all of this?  At what point has anyone took a knee against the military?  That's like me taking a knee against 49ers fans, and someone interpreting it as me hating Kansas City Royals fans.  I honestly do not get where the military has anything to do with any of these protests.  They people protesting have made it very clear why their protesting, except everybody tries to make it something else.  

They bring the military in because in there view the military fight to protect everyone's right that the flag stands for except the ones those people don't agree with. So the argument goes by protesting the flag your disrespecting the military men and women who died to protect the right to freedom of speech and assembly that the players and others are invoking. Which is the very reason that so many vets openly say they have zero issue with people kneeling or protesting because that's why they did what they did.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, muhammedboehm said:

They bring the military in because in there view the military fight to protect everyone's right that the flag stands for except the ones those people don't agree with. So the argument goes by protesting the flag your disrespecting the military men and women who died to protect the right to freedom of speech and assembly that the players and others are invoking. Which is the very reason that so many vets openly say they have zero issue with people kneeling or protesting because that's why they did what they did.

So the logic is, people died fighting for your rights therefore you shouldn't exercise those rights?  I don't know if that is better or worse than the people who think there is no problem at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tom Brady thinks you can prevent sunburns by drinking water.  

http://deadspin.com/tom-brady-thinks-drinking-a-lot-of-water-prevents-sunbu-1818625600

The highlight of that article is the Bill Belichick quote:

Will Bill Belichick buy Tom Brady's new book? "We see Tom every day. I don't really feel like I need to read a book."

I'm not going to get into the politics of what was said last night at the President's rally.  But I'm fully expecting the number of players who will be kneeling/protesting the national anthem at football games tomorrow to increase.... dramatically. 

• Like 6

I find it rather funny (and extremely ironic) that one of the people voicing their displeasure with Trump is the CEO of the Niners.  Yes the same Niners that cut Kaepernick in the beginning of the season.    When you hear people in the NFL come out against what Trump, it has nothing to do with their opinions on Kaep or Michael Bennett or even the right to have those opinions.  It is trying to halt this image that the NFL is filled with nothing but a bunch of rich, spoiled unruly liberals who hates cops and our country.  That is the important message.

• Like 1

and now for the first time a baseball player joined in on the protests- Bruce Maxwell with the A's.

I know there's a no-politics rule here, but the level of vitriol from Trump supporters at these perfectly peaceful protests shows how much things like this hurt them, which is why they need to keep happening.  The goal is to have the rest of America view supporting what Trump represents as anti-American, and eventually isolating those folks from the political process.

• Like 3