DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

Jets WR coach Miles Austin has been suspended 'for at least a year' for gambling. 

There is no evidence that he bet on NFL games, however.  

This suspension news was brought to you by Caesar's, who reminds you to be a Caesar. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jets WR coach Miles Austin has been suspended 'for at least a year' for gambling. 

This suspension news was brought to you by Caesar's, who reminds you to be a Caesar. 

Hey!  He played for the Cowboys!

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

just like nobody tested positive for COVID during the playoffs last year (and nobody will this year)

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Doc Townsend said:

People don’t like Dungy now?  I didn’t know that.

Pretty much since he combined "Ray Rice deserves a second chance" with "I would not want Michael Sam on my team."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

People don’t like Dungy now?  I didn’t know that.

I've disliked him since he was the coach in Tampa. Lots of high horse preaching while never accepting fault for anything, like their having a terrible offense year after year. He goes to Indy, consistently underperforms, gets a lucky Super Bowl win over a miracle Bears team, and suddenly he's Saint Tony. Cue the sermons from on high telling everyone how to live. Then he outs himself as a homophobe, the networks and NFL don't care, by saying Michael Sam couldn't play for him. But, hey, Michael Vick & Ray Rice? No problem! 

He's a two-faced homophobic POS who got lucky with Peyton vs Flexy Rexy and lectures everybody on how they should live. He can go rot in a corner. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Oh, it should be noted that he also used Damar Hamlin's injury as a metaphor during his anti-abortion speech at the Right for Life march earlier this week. 

I'm not even getting into his gay son. 😐 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Police have issued an arrest warrant for Cincinnati RB Joe Mixon for Aggravated Menacing 

The guy once punched in a woman's face like Clark Griswold did to the WallyWorld Moose in Vacation so this is not surprising in the least. Would be happy if they waived the guy so I no longer had to hold my nose and cheer for him.

• Like 1

So, apparently, the reason Russell Wilson didn't have time to learn the Denver playbook is that he was too busy running a charity that basically existed to overpay its employees and not actually spend money on its mission. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 3:45 AM, Tabe said:

So, apparently, the reason Russell Wilson didn't have time to learn the Denver playbook is that he was too busy running a charity that basically existed to overpay its employees and not actually spend money on its mission. 

What percentage of charities, especially celebrity run charities,  are just tax write offs that exist only to give their friends a cushy job? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

What percentage of charities, especially celebrity run charities,  are just tax write offs that exist only to give their friends a cushy job? 

I would put the over/under at something like 80%.

New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara, Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Chris Lammons and two other men have been indicted by a grand jury for allegedly assaulting a man at a Las Vegas nightclub in February 2022.

All four men were indicted on charges of conspiracy to commit battery and battery resulting in substantial bodily harm.

Kamara's attorneys, Drew Findling, David Z. Chesnoff and Richard A. Schonfeld, said in a statement Thursday that he intends to contest the charges.

"The State has avoided a contested preliminary hearing by indicting Mr. Kamara. He intends to vigorously fight the allegations at trial as he was defending himself and others at the time of the incident," the statement said.

The indictment means that the case will move from Las Vegas Justice Court to district court on March 2.

The hearing for the case was continued several times last year and Kamara did not receive any punishment by the NFL as a result, pushing any potential suspension into the 2023 season or beyond.

A civil lawsuit was filed against Kamara in October by Darnell Greene Jr., the man who alleges he was attacked. The lawsuit alleges that Kamara and the three other men beat Greene and stomped on him when he was on the floor unconscious outside the nightclub on the morning of Feb. 5, 2022, the night before the Pro Bowl.

Greene's lawsuit asks for a jury trial and compensatory and punitive damages of no less than $10 million. It seeks $5 million in actual damages for "pecuniary losses, pain and suffering, disfigurement, mental anguish, and past, present, and future medical expenses" and $5 million in exemplary damages.

• 2 weeks later...

This sort of goes here I guess:

Jackson Mahomes, the idiot brother of Patrick, has been captured on video apparently forcibly kissing a woman against her will repeatedly:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/look-troubling-jackson-mahomes-video-has-leaked/ar-AA18dJZB?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=dd2e17ad09494960afd994985ad0e004&ei=73

Edited by Tabe

Calvin Ridley explains what happened (He says he "fucked up" multiple times and has now being seeing a therapist for what seems like undiagnosed anxiety and depression)

• Like 1