DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

On 8/25/2022 at 11:04 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

Its worth mentioning, even though it shouldn't matter as I'd hope the Bills would do the right thing once the investigation concludes, that the NFL/Bills can't suspend someone for an action they did during college. So the Bills of course can cut him but he can't be fined/suspended/banned. I am not clear on if he can still be put on the commissioner's list, since he'd still get paid on that.

I don't understand how something like this can be hidden from the NFL/teams that screened him as apparently the Bills just found out last month. I mean how is "being investigated for rape" not come up during the draft process. Admittedly, I am rather annoyed the Bills cut their other punter after knowing this as I'd rather he just not be around the team at all but instead he'll be playing tomorrow since he's their only punter.

Considering 2 punters were drafted before the "Punt God" teams did know what was up with him and Buffalo just didn't care. Oh and ask Terrelle Pryor if the NFL can suspend you for something you did in college 

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Considering 2 punters were drafted before the "Punt God" teams did know what was up with him and Buffalo just didn't care. Oh and ask Terrelle Pryor if the NFL can suspend you for something you did in college 

As you probably know since you have access to the same news I do, some teams are saying they knew, some are saying they didn't.

It clearly wasn't something advertised, nor would I advertise it if I was Araiza trying to get a job. If the Bills say they didn't know then I have no reason not to believe them. It is still their responsibility to do better research but that's a different area of improvement than drafting him while knowing. Whether the full story ever comes out, who knows.

Pryor was a different case as he fell under the "integrity of the game" that Goodell is obsessed with since he was found to have intentionally manipulated his status for the NFL draft. Not saying I agree but that is the card he pulled which is a different situation than someone accused of a crime. A better comparison would be Joe Mixon, who did something horrible and on-camera while at college, but he was not suspended in the NFL.

On 8/26/2022 at 12:08 PM, Kevin Wilson said:

After more has come out about it, I am on team "cut him now". Not this weekend after cuts, the Bills don't a punter for a preseason game. The details coming out are just making everyone look worse and worse and the team doesn't need this type of negativity hanging around it. Whatever happens in the criminal and civil case is his business but even if he isn't found to have contributed to the gang rape he minimally has admitted to having sex with a minor so get rid of him.

Where are you seeing he admitted having sex with her? The articles I've read said that he's only admitted talking to her. 

Edited by Tabe

6 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Where are you seeing he admitted having sex with her? The articles I've read said that he's only admitted talking to her. 

The pretext phone call had him advising her, per the suit:

“During the call, Araiza confirmed having sex with Doe, even telling her that she should get tested for STDs. When the detectives heard this, they instructed Doe to say, ‘Wait, what STD?’ Araiza told Doe that he had tested positive for chlamydia, at which time Doe was instructed to say, ‘So you know what to get tested for OK, that makes me feel a bit better.'”

Its I guess possible that the lawyer is lying about the pretext call but that would be pretty damaging to their case, so since they are using quotes I am assuming the pretext calls are recorded and legitimate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The pretext phone call had him advising her, per the suit:

“During the call, Araiza confirmed having sex with Doe, even telling her that she should get tested for STDs. When the detectives heard this, they instructed Doe to say, ‘Wait, what STD?’ Araiza told Doe that he had tested positive for chlamydia, at which time Doe was instructed to say, ‘So you know what to get tested for OK, that makes me feel a bit better.'”

Its I guess possible that the lawyer is lying about the pretext call but that would be pretty damaging to their case, so since they are using quotes I am assuming the pretext calls are recorded and legitimate.

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

The bankruptcy disaster for the Panthers owner just keeps getting better.

Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper’s real estate company wants to revoke a bankruptcy settlement it negotiated with the city and county where its abandoned South Carolina practice facility was supposed to be built because it says the governments are making exorbitant and unreasonable demands. 

Demands like, "We gave you 80 million dollars in tax payer money and we kinda need more than maybe 1/4th of that back".

• Like 3

Saw something on Twitter last night that mentioned Chase Daniels has earned $41 million in the NFL (salary and bonuses).  Not really familiar with Daniel’s career, so I looked up his stats.  

Came into the league in 2009.  Since then, made five starts and appeared in 70-80 games,   Thrown a total of 260 passes through the end of 2021.  8 career td’s, 7 career interceptions.  Career passing yardage a hair under 1700.

lol.  I am  gobsmacked.  Not sure if I should be appalled or build a temple to Daniels in my basement.  That’s just crazy.

Edited by madl
$41 million, not $41 dollars.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, madl said:

Saw something on Twitter last night that mentioned Chase Daniels has earned $41 in the NFL (salary and bonuses).  Not really familiar with Daniel’s career, so I looked up his stats.  

Came into the league in 2009.  Since then, made five starts and appeared in 70-80 games,   Thrown a total of 260 passes through the end of 2021.  8 career td’s, 7 career interceptions.  Career passing yardage a hair under 1700.

lol.  I am  gobsmacked.  Not sure if I should be appalled or build a temple to Daniels in my basement.  That’s just crazy.

If I had a son, I would dream of him becoming a career NFL backup QB.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1