DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Butch Jones convinced him (Watt) that if he played Tight End, he would score all these TDs so Watt believe him and went there as a TE.

He had a whopping 8 catches and then Jones and staff told him they would convert him to O-Line.

So Watt told them to go fuck themselves and he walked on at Wisconsin

Watt was also only considered a two-star recruit coming out of high school.

24 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Saw on another board that 11 games allows him to get paid for a full season.

The tweet I saw this from - which was from someone from the Ringer - has since been deleted so I don't know how accurate it is

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh btw - guess who the Browns play in Week 12, the week Watson returns

The Texans

In Houston

This is apparently, unfortunately untrue.   The 11 game suspension begins immediately, so he'll be back Week 10 (@BUF). 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is apparently, unfortunately untrue.   The 11 game suspension begins immediately, so he'll be back Week 10 (@BUF). 

Now that the Browns know the length do they go through with the Garoppolo deal?

I'd probably give the ball to Jacoby Brissett and call it a day.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That isn't correct either

From ESPN story

Watson's suspension takes effect Aug. 30, when NFL teams cut down to the roster limit of 53 players. He will be eligible for reinstatement Nov. 28 and will be available to play for the Browns again in Week 13, when Cleveland faces his old team, the Houston Texans, on the road.

I am assuming the reason the weeks are off is because the Browns have their Bye in there at some point

I don't normally wish injuries to anyone, but that dude is such a vile piece of shit I hope someone Theisman's him in Houston.

Or, and I'm torn here, he is just fucking godawful and him/Cleveland have to suffer for years in continued mediocrity.

Instant gratification or death by a thousand cuts.  Both seem ideal

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Now that the Browns know the length do they go through with the Garoppolo deal?

I'd probably give the ball to Jacoby Brissett and call it a day.

Honestly, if it's for like a 5 or 6 (because lol at their previous demands), I might pull the trigger.  10 games of Jimmy >> 10 games of Jacoby.   And aside from the massive question at QB, Cleveland's got a very good roster this year. 

--

Also, generally, don't cheer or wish for an injury, it's fucking gross guys. 

I love hearing that apparently the Haslem's are going to donate a million dollars to help educate the youth about sexual misconduct.   is that like donating to prevent alcoholism among kids when you are known as a sloppy drunk yourself.  Hopefully the first page of the education is a picture of Deshaun Watson

Watson's suspension ending in time for him to play against the Texans is a detail I'm comfortable adding to my "evidence that the NFL is a work" woodpile

and I would imagine the Jimmy G impasse remains that the Browns know the 49ers "have to" deal him and thus expect to get him for peanuts, while the 49ers know the Browns "need" to trade for a QB and expect to get a hefty ransom for him (i.e. "you pay his contract" "no u")

• Like 1

a story about my alma mater

In 2014 SDSU had two kidnapping attempts a few weeks apart. The night after the second one, while waiting for a bus, I sat on the curb and listened to some dipshit kid give an interview to a local reporter about how women need to stay in groups and watch what they dress. later that week a third kidnapping attempt happened literally directly in front of my brother, who was only on campus to give me a ride and was idling in his car on the top floor of a parking garage. that one didn't make the news because it got classified as a domestic dispute.

so all of this is disappointing but i can't really claim its surprising

• Sad 1

Its worth mentioning, even though it shouldn't matter as I'd hope the Bills would do the right thing once the investigation concludes, that the NFL/Bills can't suspend someone for an action they did during college. So the Bills of course can cut him but he can't be fined/suspended/banned. I am not clear on if he can still be put on the commissioner's list, since he'd still get paid on that.

I don't understand how something like this can be hidden from the NFL/teams that screened him as apparently the Bills just found out last month. I mean how is "being investigated for rape" not come up during the draft process. Admittedly, I am rather annoyed the Bills cut their other punter after knowing this as I'd rather he just not be around the team at all but instead he'll be playing tomorrow since he's their only punter.

After more has come out about it, I am on team "cut him now". Not this weekend after cuts, the Bills don't a punter for a preseason game. The details coming out are just making everyone look worse and worse and the team doesn't need this type of negativity hanging around it. Whatever happens in the criminal and civil case is his business but even if he isn't found to have contributed to the gang rape he minimally has admitted to having sex with a minor so get rid of him.