DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

Upshot is that Haskins had recreational drugs in his system and a bac of .24 when he died.  Story going around is that he was partying all night with a woman and left the club (with the woman) after some sort of fight, then ran out of gas on the interstate and left the woman in the car while he went for gas.

Judge dismissed NFL's request to dismiss Jon Gruden's lawsuit against them

So expect the NFL to frantically try to settle now to avoid discovery

29 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm sure this is not true but ...

If this is true, they should go ahead and cancel the show.  They have scraped through the bottom of the barrel and are just digging into the cold damp earth beneath the barrel at this point.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Would it be better if he’s suspended or if he just sucks now? 

I wasn't fully on board the "fuck Watson" train last year, only like 76%, but after that extension he got designed to penalize him as little as possible if he was suspended this year I am now 100% fuck Watson and fuck the Browns. So I'd like for him to suck and be suspended plz.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah I think nothing would be better then watching him fail miserably in the pre-season, get suspended so Browns fans spend the whole year lying about how good Watson will be and then getting the full disaster next year at full price.

• Like 3

So Deshaun Watson lawyer recently is using the "if you get a happy ending during a massage it isn't necessarily illegal" argument   I mean he isn't 100% wrong but maybe 95%.   I don't know that many legit massage places or "sport therapists"  (which he always CLAIMED they were) that are like "sure I jerk off all my customers"

Edited by hammerva

I mean I guess the only way it isn't illegal is if its in a private residence and isn't part of the paid service but that's a really fine line to walk. But I assume that is what he is implying. Either way I don't see that defense really helping Watson in this case since that's not really the argument.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So Deshaun Watson lawyer recently is using the "if you get a happy ending during a massage it isn't necessarily illegal" argument   I mean he isn't 100% wrong but maybe 95%.   I don't know that many legit massage places or "sport therapists"  (which he always CLAIMED they were) that are like "sure I jerk off all my customers"

I'm surprised he isn't suing every accuser for defamation.

14 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I'm surprised he isn't suing every accuser for defamation.

You have a super high hurdle to cross there, plus it's extremely easier just to pay people money to go away before it gets to this point.  

Plus, you know, there are a lot of them at this point. 

All of this is so fucking skeezy. There is so many things that get us here,  starting first and foremost with Watson being a creep. Another issue is that, we are somehow sexually repressed while oversexualizing women in a way that leads to dudes wanting to have sex with women,  but having no interest in whether or not women actually want to have sex. Seriously, if Watson wanted to find a private masseuse who offered this type of service,  it would probably be fairly easy. Here's the issue though,  his lawyer is 100% correct about the legal situation. If he pulls his dick out and suggests she finishes him off, she can either say yes or no. If there is no financial transaction that is not illegal. If he asks before and it's factored into the price,  that's illegal as fuck. One of those is way worse,  and it ain't the illegal one. Getting a woman to travel across the country, so she is alone with you in your house,  and you pull your dick out unexpectedly while she's trying to do her job,  is fucking nuts to me. I remember a older dude pulling me aside as a teenager to give me advice on how not to get in trouble and he said,  "don't have sex with anyone who isn't just as excited to have sex as you are." Those are words to live by. Most women want to have sex just as much as men,  you just have to find one who wants to have sex with you. He put this women in a position where they felt like they had to do a sexual act without taking any consideration in whether they wanted to, and that may not be illegal,  but it ain't right. 

• Like 6

I guess even the Pats couldn't justify giving 230 mil guaranteed to a malcontent sexual predator. Sorry, alleged sexual predator. Honestly the fact any team did, even the Browns, is pretty surprising (not the "being willing to play him" part, but combined with the money part).

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

cant wait for Deshaun to get a lesser suspension than Brady got for deflating balls. 

he should get the same suspension, since they both deflated balls.

No, I couldn't pass that fucking hanging curveball over the heart up.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3