DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

• 4 weeks later...

Browns defensive tackle Malik McDowell was arrested Monday facing charges of aggravated battery of an officer, resisting an officer with violence and exposing his sexual organs in public.

McDowell, 25, allegedly walked into a children’s learning center naked in Deerfield Beach, Fla. and then attacked a deputy.

Please note that this is the SECOND time a Raiders player has gotten busted SINCE the Henry Ruggs incident

Edit - Second time HOBBS has been busted. I mean there is no way they can keep him

Oh yeah, and the ex-coach from Last Chance U also piped up about it yesterday.  

Dude is looking like a slab of bacon left out in the sun.  I can fucking smell the whiskey in this video. 

LOL, those two reactions are so funny.  Jeff Garcia with the ever-popular "you can't criticize if you haven't done it" even though I'm sure he's criticized movies before without making any himself.  And Coach Whatshisface, LOL.  Yeah, Jimmy G "won" but got outscored by his own special teams' defense.  Gimme a break.

• Like 1

I'm not watching the video from the Last Chance U guy.  I honestly hated the coach from the first two seasons as much as I've ever hated a television character, but then they introduced that asshole and I realized I underrated my capacity for hate.  Seriously, I don't know how they did it, but the casting people for Last Chance U consistently found people who made me have visceral reactions to their behavior.  This is also clearly a case of rampant sexism.  Jimmy G is average as fuck and is the dude in the group project who contributes the least but still gets the same grade as everyone else.  He's played in 6 playoff games and has 2 TDs and 5 INTs.  They won the NFC championship game a couple years ago with him going 6 for 8 for 77 yards.  They traded a bunch of picks to draft a quarterback #3 in the draft.  Mina Kimes isn't telling you he's not very good, the fucking 49ers are telling you he's not very good.  You know who else wasn't very good?  Jeff Garcia.  He was better than Jimmy, but if T.O. wasn't in the line up he was replacement level at best.  Fuck him and whoever voted for him and his 13 TDs for the 2007 Pro Bowl.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Tabe said:

ESPN's got an article describing surveillance video of the Kamara incident and, well, it doesn't look so good for Mr. Kamara:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33238563/police-report-video-evidence-supports-allegations-new-orleans-saints-rb-alvin-kamara

I like to wait these out because we've seen enough Adrian Peterson/Shady McCoy situations where someone got their ass kicked by an NFL player, pressed charges, and ultimately was found out the "victim" absolutely had it coming.  There is a little too much, "these guys kicked my ass for no good reason," for me to believe without hearing both sides.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I like to wait these out because we've seen enough Adrian Peterson/Shady McCoy situations where someone got their ass kicked by an NFL player, pressed charges, and ultimately was found out the "victim" absolutely had it coming.  There is a little too much, "these guys kicked my ass for no good reason," for me to believe without hearing both sides.  

Yeah, I'm pretty skeptical as well.  It seems odd that they'd lay in a beating because he tried to get on an elevator.  I mean, anything is possible, obviously, but that seems a little strange.  Kamara claims he said stuff to their group but the video doesn't support the rest of Kamara's story, so who knows how accurate that claim is.

This could in the Washington thread but since it is one person

Johnathan Allen got on Twitter last night and decided to do an AMA

So someone asked him the "If you could have dinner with anyone - alive or dead"? question.

Allen's response was "My Grandad, Adolf Hitler and Michael Jackson"

The user who asked the question understood the first and last one, but pressed him on wanting meet Hitler. Allen’s explanation was just as bizarre:

“He’s a military genius and I love military tactics but honestly I would want to pick his brain as to why he did what he did. I’m also assuming that the people I’ve chosen have to answer all my questions honestly,” Allen wrote.

Behind the scenes at the NFL Honors, where they give out the Walter Payton Man of the Year...

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!  Can we get a new nameplate engraved?  Who is it? Who do we say it is this year?  Fuck!  Um, just make it Russell Wilson again or something, I dunno!"

(Sure, someone else was always probably going to win, but I'm betting he doesn't get nominated a third time in a row...)

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 1