DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Didn't Rodgers basically do the exact same thing? 

I mean, I don't want to be THAT GUY, but...  ??‍♂️ 

From what I understand the NFL didn't buy Rodgers' bullshit,  and never considered him vaccinated. It apparently was an open secret song the media as well,  but it wasn't a story until he tested positive. These new suspensions are from people who claimed to be vaccinated and falsified the information well enough to fool the NFL for a while. You know who looks better every time something like this comes up? Cole Beasley. He's a crazy person,  don't get me wrong,  but at least he's an honest crazy person who is actually following the protocols.

Edited by supremebve
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Didn't Rodgers basically do the exact same thing? 

I mean, I don't want to be THAT GUY, but...  ??‍♂️ 

No - he never misrepresented his status to the league just the media

Or what supreme just said

What AB did is an actual violation of federal law (not that they are really ever going to go after anyone unless they have busted them for something else too).

What Aaron Rodgers did was not.

• Like 1

Rodgers didn't lie to anyone who he was required to be honest with. I forget where I heard it,  but someone said something to the effect of,  "Rodgers gave us this medical report from his shaman,  and we immediately rejected it and told him he be listed as unvaccinated." The quote is paraphrased, but they definitely referred to the "doctor" as a shaman, which is hilarious. He told them exactly what his status was,  they laughed their asses off,  and he was known to be unvaccinated. That's not a lie or even bullshit. 

It would be nice if Mr. "My whole team is vaccinated" "This is a non-story" Bruce Arians would make a statement about this. Not just a verbal one, either. He's been so over the top talking about his team's vaccination rate and meanwhile he's had two people walking around the building pretending to be vaccinated when they weren't.

10 hours ago, supremebve said:

I have to wonder based on his history with medical tomfoolery,  has anyone checked Tom Brady's vaccine card? 

On one hand, he's the exact kind of idiot that would do that.

On the other hand, I can't imagine Tom Brady doing anything that would risk him missing football games.

So ESPN has a story up regarding Bruce Arians finally commenting on the situation and a couple of league wide notes were in it

1) The NFL told ESPN on Thursday that there are no plans to alter how teams collect and vet vaccination cards. A big reason for that is because of the 94.5% of players who are vaccinated, 80% were vaccinated at team facilities, according to league spokesperson Brian McCarthy, minimizing the potential risk for falsification. The NFL will continue to rely on teams to inspect vaccine cards.

2) The NFL did not levy a fine on the Buccaneers, unlike previous team COVID-19 violations such as a $500,000 fine issued against the Las Vegas Raiders last year or the $300,000 fine on the Green Bay Packers recently, believing they too were misled about the players' vaccination statuses, a source told ESPN.

The dumbest part of this entire saga isn't even that all of this would have been avoided if Antonio Brown just paid people who works for him. It's that Antonio Brown got vaccinated after turning in a fake vaccine card. 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, supremebve said:

The dumbest part of this entire saga isn't even that all of this would have been avoided if Antonio Brown just paid people who works for him. It's that Antonio Brown got vaccinated after turning in a fake vaccine card. 

*Glances out my window in the direction of the Kelly-Short Stadium*

Welp, nice to know his education over there across the road and vacant field was of the highest quality.

• 3 weeks later...