DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Here is a good thread that recaps what is going on (while questioning Adam Schefter's motives)

There's certainly some damning (for Cook) message exchanges and photos in that thread.  

And no need to question Schefter's motives - he's a POS who long ago sold his soul and doesn't care one bit if what he reports is true.

• Like 3

The funny thing is I think Gruden is right - he was certainly targeted by the NFL as of the hundreds of thousands of documents they went through, his email was literally the only one that magically got leaked. But, clearly he is an utterly unsympathetic character since he said the things in the first place. I'm not a lawyer but I would think his case would be a difficult one to win.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's very possible he is right that Goodell leaked the emails because he was mad at what Gruden had said about him.

Doesn't change the fact that Jon Gruden is an asshole who deserved to lose his job over this.

• Like 3

I think the NFL was probably out to get Gruden but.... so what? The emails are legit. They're not privileged communication. It's not illegal for the NFL to release them. What exactly is Gruden claiming here? "If you hadn't shown the world that I write racist, homophobic emails, I wouldn't have voluntarily quit my job?" I don't see how he has a case.

But I sure hope it goes to trial with tons of discovery made public.

Come to think of it, that's what Gruden is angling for - a settlement so the NFL can avoid discovery.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tabe said:

I think the NFL was probably out to get Gruden but.... so what? The emails are legit. They're not privileged communication. It's not illegal for the NFL to release them. What exactly is Gruden claiming here? "If you hadn't shown the world that I write racist, homophobic emails, I wouldn't have voluntarily quit my job?" I don't see how he has a case.

But I sure hope it goes to trial with tons of discovery made public.

Come to think of it, that's what Gruden is angling for - a settlement so the NFL can avoid discovery.

Which is worth more, the settlement he would get from the NFL or a protracted rubbing of Goodell's nose into the mess?

• Like 1

Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

Zac Stacy is going to prison for a long time.  If you look around the web you'll quickly find a video of him violently attacking his wife in front of their infant child. 

It's horrific. 

Minor correction: ex-girlfriend, not wife.  The woman somehow avoided being seriously injured which is really nothing short of a miracle.

• Like 3

They're not really calling BS so much as saying "Well we didn't notice anything." Which, given what the Rodgers situation taught us about NFL team COVID protocol, doesn't really mean anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IANAL but I think you guys might be overestimating how long he'll spend in prison. If my Google-fu is correct, he's looking at a max of 5 years for aggravated assault. @Lawful Metalcould probably do a better job of understanding the exact situation than I possibly can, but my deep cynicism and past events makes me suspect he's more likely to serve two years or less after he cops a plea.

Well a few things,

1. Mitigating factor of the child being a witness will probably add a charge of endangerment.

2. They have him dead to rights because of the recording

3. A plea deal is actually not a bad thing.  As the US prison system is overflowing as it is. A couple of years is still a long ass time to be away from your friends/family. Plus he'll get what he absolutely needs and that's anger therapy. 

He has to learn how to control his rage. Otherwise, he's could end up hurting his wife again, or his kid, or even killing someone.

• Like 2

I’m a Texas lawyer and I don’t know what state this is in so your mileage may vary.

Yeah it’s not good, but without any serious bodily injury I don’t think he’ll see any significant time.

(although I could see some prosecutor getting cute and trying to allege the baby’s play place as a deadly weapon)

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I’m a Texas lawyer and I don’t know what state this is in so your mileage may vary.

Yeah it’s not good, but without any serious bodily injury I don’t think he’ll see any significant time.

(although I could see some prosecutor getting cute and trying to allege the baby’s play place as a deadly weapon)

Florida. What I saw last night was he was being charged with Aggravated Assault and Criminal Mischief.

I agree anger counseling and other help is the most important thing, I'm just saying the idea he'll never see the sun again or whatever is highly unrealistic.