DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

This is terrible.  Who knows exactly what happened,  but if Donte Stallworth can end up in jail for the crazy confluence of events that was his DUI, then Riggs can too.  I remember how that story was talked about on television, and then I read the facts and was amazed he did 1 second in jail. For what it's worth, Stallworth never(at least publicly) complained and did more than everything necessary to make sure that guys family was taken care of, but that could have happened to any one.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is this the first major incident since the Raiders moved? 

I mean, their coach did just quit for being revealed to be the otherworldly piece of shit everyone knew he was...

• Like 2

The details coming out about this crash do not look good at all. He's going to real life jail for a long time if any of this is remotely true. He killed a 23-year-old white woman and a dog...good luck finding a sympathetic jury for that.

In other NFL news,  apparently Aaron Rodgers has been lying about being vaccinated. He apparently requested undisclosed alternative treatments,  and the league just marked him down as unvaccinated when they dismissed the request. Why is everybody crazy? 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Corporate owned for-profit cable news.

I don’t think people being sh*tty is a political thing; If that’s what you are implying.  It’s just who we are.  The pandemic is just making it harder to pretend we’re something better than we are without being called on it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I don’t think people being sh*tty is a political thing; If that’s what you are implying.  It’s just who we are.  The pandemic is just making it harder to pretend we’re something better than we are without being called on it.

We're massively garbage as a species.  But the influx of politics as a religion, watched 24/7 between TV, radio, and the internet, has been making it worse for quite a long time now.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Raziel said:

We're massively garbage as a species.  But the influx of politics as a religion, watched 24/7 between TV, radio, and the internet, has been making it worse for quite a long time now.

At some point we decided a a society that everything is binary and there is no room for nuance. You are either this or that,  there are no third choices and if you try to present a third choice you will be shouted down. We cannot have useful conversations because everyone is so busy defending their side that they don't even listen to the things they other people are saying.  There is no more collective truth, everyone has their own truth that they make up as it suits their needs. This society is in a countdown clock and is getting close to the end,  I'm not sure what comes next,  but it won't be pretty at least in the short term. Maybe we'll learn from it,  and build something better, but I'm not confident. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The Rogers thing might be topped by German futbol captain Joshua Kimmich, has not been jabbed despite being part of public campaigns to get the vaccine.

I remember when the NFL put out their COVID policy,  someone asked if there was anything in place in case someone just lied about being vaxxed...I guess the answer is not really. Rodgers was marked as unvaccinated by the NFL and apparently no one enforced the protocols on him. Allen Lazard is unvaccinated and has been doing all the protocol stuff, and missed a game because he had contact with the other receivers who tested positive.  Rodgers was just out here doing none of the protocols without any repercussions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

To follow up - Arnette posted a video on social media where he was waving guns around threatening to shoot someone

Getting real strong Jovan Belcher vibes from this story too.  ? 

• Sad 1

Jesus though. LV... I mean, I guess they hired the wrong people, but I kinda feel for the organization having all of these things one after another in a year where they have actually played pretty well on the field.

• Like 1