DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Tabe said:

I don't think he is.  He's also mad that the NFLPA agreed to something without a vote from the players.  Maybe the vote from the players wouldn't change anything but it certainly sounds like the normal process was not followed.

Agreed, but the NFLPA is usually willing to fight the owners over the water level in the hot tub.  Maybe that should tell Beasley something.  The fact that the NFLPA agreed to the new protocols without much debate or a fight makes me think that either the NFLPA is confident anti-vaxxers make up a small minority of players, or they think the larger issue is serious enough that the players are best served by the protocols regardless of whether the players want them or not.

Edited by Eoae
fixed a typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Eoae said:

Agreed, but the NFLPA is usually willing to fight the owners over the water level in the hot tub.  Maybe that should tell Beasley something.  The fact that the NFLPA agreed to the new protocols without much debate or a fight makes me think that either the NFLPA is confident anti-vaxxers make up a small minority of players, or they think the larger issue is serious enough that the players are best served by the protocols regardless of whether the players want them or not.

That's a good point.

• 4 weeks later...

Toss in the thing Barkevious Mingo was arrested for as well last week. That's a lot worse, if you can somehow rank these things.

7 hours ago, Gonzo said:

That sounds. . .bad.

It us,  Burglary domestic violence is the charge they hang on you if you enter a home (or refuse to leave) during a domestic dispute.  Ex: If your spouse locks you out of the house during an argument and you force your way back in, you may end up charged with burglary domestic abuse.

Police were already looking for Sherman because, an hour before the 911 call, a vehicle registered to Sherman was involved in a one-car accident then abandoned in a parking lot.  The official statement is that Sherman showed up at his in-laws home and a family member called the police.  Family member wasn't named, but his wife felt she needed to release a statement reassuring people neither she nor her children were harmed, so.....

The "without bail" part is meaningless except maybe to embarrass him further.  He's being charged with a felony and not being arraigned until this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon (read both, not sure which one is correct).  Judge will either set bail or order him held without bail.

Edit: Sherman also resisted arrest and fought with police outside the home, so there's that too.

Edited by Eoae

2 hours ago, Eoae said:

Police were already looking for Sherman because, an hour before the 911 call, a vehicle registered to Sherman was involved in a one-car accident then abandoned in a parking lot.  The official statement is that Sherman showed up at a house he did not live in and a family member called the police.  From the wording, I'm guessing he owned the home but wasn't staying there at the moment.  Family member wasn't named, but his wife felt she needed to release a statement reassuring people neither she nor her children were harmed, so.....

The home belongs to his wife's parents.  It's unclear if they own the home or just live there - I would assume they own it.  He went there after driving into a closed construction zone a 1:26am while drunk and hitting a barrier resulting in significant damage to his car.

• Like 1

And now the 911 call is out with Sherman's wife saying the house was hers and telling the dispatcher that Sherman had threatened to kill himself (several times).  The dispatcher was apparently not helpful, being combative and difficult.

Dwayne Haskins has had one of the craziest 2020-21s of anyone in earth and that's saying a whole fucking lot. 

The Richard Sherman sends to be having an emotional break and I don't feel good about how much people seem to be celebrating him falling apart. 

Barkevious Mingo... not an allegation to be taken lightly. That is some extreme predatory behavior. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

I completely expect Twitter to treat this situation with the same level of respect that they treat domestic violence on the other side.   Also doesn't help that it is Haskins himself.

I'm sure he'll get the "calm, respectful, kind" treatment that Chuck Finley got. 

My gut is saying that the person sharing that footage shouldn't be sharing it. Cuz I got a feeling it isn't the wife's parents doing it. 

That said, that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be. 

Edited by Tabe

This really looks like the type of situation he'll end up pleading down to something minor and maybe getting a two game suspension. That's not to make light of the situation but it just looks like a really bad night, maybe he needs some help if he is drinking too much or has an anger issue but if he doesn't have any priors it doesn't seem like the kind of case that would lead to major criminal conviction. But if he needs some help I hope he gets it as that's the important thing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If we are to believe the newest story in Sports Illustrated, I guess the NFL strategy to help Deshaun Watson  in his current legal mess is to be almost worse than Watson.  A number of women interviewed claimed to be basically slut shamed in their questioning from the NFL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cole Beasley and the Bills Long Snapper Reid Ferguson have offered to buy unvaccinated Bills fans tickets to away games so said unvaccinated Bills can attend games (since the Bills now require you to be vaccinated to attend)

It literally is 3 fans who got attention because said Bills players responded to them but these stories are catnip to the media so it is becoming a thing

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Cole Beasley and the Bills Long Snapper Reid Ferguson have offered to buy unvaccinated Bills fans tickets to away games so said unvaccinated Bills can attend games (since the Bills now require you to be vaccinated to attend)

It literally is 3 fans who got attention because said Bills players responded to them but these stories are catnip to the media so it is becoming a thing

FFS. . . (shakes head sadly)

• Like 2

Not an "issue" per se, but the HOF has put out its list of 2022 nominees:

Just so Rippa doesn't need to bust out his reading glasses, the big names are: 

WR Anquan Boldin
WR Devin Hester
WR Andre Johnson
WR Steve Smith 
OL Jake Long
C Nick Mangold
OLB DeMarcus Ware
DL Robert Mathis
DL Vince Wilfork
DB Antonio Cromartie

7 minutes ago, supremebve said:

That's one of the easier 1st year classes in a while. The only one I think is a certified 1st ballot type of player is Wilfork, and a run stopping DT isn't a glory position, so that's not guaranteed. 

Steve Smith better not find out that you don't think he's first ballot lol

• Haha 3