DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

Yeah, I'm not a lawyer,  I didn't go to law school,  and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn lasy night,  but I don't think the,  "sure he might have had sex with some of these women," is a great defense. I keep seeing former players on Twitter talking about how unusual it is to hire multiple masseuse, and how they'd never hire one from Instagram for what the average football player needs from a massage.  Doesn't look good at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Yeah, I'm not a lawyer,  I didn't go to law school,  and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn lasy night,  but I don't think the,  "sure he might have had sex with some of these women," is a great defense. I keep seeing former players on Twitter talking about how unusual it is to hire multiple masseuse, and how they'd never hire one from Instagram for what the average football player needs from a massage.  Doesn't look good at all. 

That's pretty much the go-to defense in cases like this.  EVERY big-name person that's been brought down because of sexual assault stuff goes to the "yeah, well, everything was consensual" defense after the initial "wasn't me" defense.  

36 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm pretty sure the teams all have multiple on staff masseuses, just for starters.

He's trying to say it was because of his schedule and COVID protocols.  Yeah, sure thing.  It's nonsense and everyone knows it.

• Like 2

I think I read 22 or 23 are on the lawsuit...but his defense was like we got 18 who said he was cool.

But I'm like that's 40 different massage therapists regardless, which seems.... excessive.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I think I read 22 or 23 are on the lawsuit...but his defense was like we got 18 who said he was cool.

But I'm like that's 40 different massage therapists regardless, which seems.... excessive.

That's also not a defense. If you get accused of rape and your defense is,  "look at all these women I didn't rape," I can't deduce anything from that. So,  basically if you don't rape every single woman you ever meet, you can't possibly be guilty of raping anyone else... that's the best they can come up with? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

That's also not a defense. If you get accused of rape and your defense is,  "look at all these women I didn't rape," I can't deduce anything from that. So,  basically if you don't rape every single woman you ever meet, you can't possibly be guilty of raping anyone else... that's the best they can come up with? 

Even Saul Goodman thinks that defense is sketchy.

• Like 1

Makes one wonder if Clemson was covering up stuff that Deshaun was doing in college.  Just seems weird that there seemed to be nothing at all hinting that something like this would happen.

(Although, to be fair, I don't think Kellen Winslow II did anything bad in college, and look how he wound up...)

• Like 1

https://defector.com/football-writer-who-compared-women-suing-deshaun-watson-to-terrorists-no-longer-working-for-houston-chronicle/

I'm still in wait and see.  Buzbee is a clown.  He thinks if he can bully Watson in the public eye enough, he'll settle.  But Rusty is a god in the courtroom.  If it ever actually goes to trial, I'll take Hardin all day. 

• 1 month later...

I, for one, am shocked that a certain QB -- who has already missed time because of an infectious disease -- would steadfastly refuse to get vaccinated for SARS-CoV-2.

Enjoy the season Carolina fans. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

lol@Montez Sweat on the team bringing in an immunologist to speak about vaccines "I'm not a fan of it. I probably won't get vaccinated until I get more facts..."

That's why the vaccine expert is there you royal dingdong

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, elizium said:

lol@Montez Sweat on the team bringing in an immunologist to speak about vaccines "I'm not a fan of it. I probably won't get vaccinated until I get more facts..."

That's why the vaccine expert is there you royal dingdong

It seems much worse because apparently Montez Sweat thinks that the vaccine is used to cure the virus not actually prevent it.  It sounded that was his main excuse for not getting one without using the "I don't do what people tell me to do" thing by others

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

It seems much worse because apparently Montez Sweat thinks that the vaccine is used to cure the virus not actually prevent it.  It sounded that was his main excuse for not getting one without using the "I don't do what people tell me to do" thing by others

"I haven't caught COVID yet so I don't see me treating COVID until I actually get COVID."

That's an actual quote from Mr. Sweat.  Good grief.

• Haha 3

I think he's got a legit gripe. He's right that the restrictions appear designed to punish the unvaccinated as opposed to actual safety. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I think he's got a legit gripe. He's right that the restrictions appear designed to punish the unvaccinated as opposed to actual safety. 

Personally, I'm ok with that.  Besides, like a lot of people, Beasley is confusing freedom from consequences with freedom of choice.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Personally, I'm ok with that.  Besides, like a lot of people, Beasley is confusing freedom from consequences with freedom of choice.  

I don't think he is.  He's also mad that the NFLPA agreed to something without a vote from the players.  Maybe the vote from the players wouldn't change anything but it certainly sounds like the normal process was not followed.