DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29854788/ex-new-york-jets-wr-josh-bellamy-charged-24-million-covid-19-relief-loan-scheme

Former New York Jets wide receiver Josh Bellamy was arrested for his alleged role in a $24 million scheme to receive illegal loans intended for coronavirus relief, the U.S. Justice Department announced Thursday.

Bellamy, 31, was charged in a federal criminal complaint with fraud, bank fraud, and conspiracy to commit wire fraud and bank fraud. He allegedly received more than $1.2 million in Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans for his company Drip Entertainment LLC, according to the Justice Department.

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2020 at 11:32 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Giants have released CB Deandre Baker following his arrest for armed robbery.

So... about this...

This asshole apparently was asking for a quarter million dollar payoff for Baker's alleged victims to make them change their statements or stop cooperating with police.  

This may cause the whole case to get thrown out. 

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2020 at 12:07 PM, Brian Fowler said:

So, was the entire thing a plot to extort a rich NFL player, or did an extortion plan come along later that got him off the hook, or did he pay them off to get away with it?

This is the type of thing that will never get a 30 for 30 style documentary,  but this is the exact type of story I'd be most interested in watching.  

• Like 3

On 11/16/2020 at 9:07 AM, Brian Fowler said:

So, was the entire thing a plot to extort a rich NFL player, or did an extortion plan come along later that got him off the hook, or did he pay them off to get away with it?

The story I've heard is that Baker and his friend showed up to the poker game and the game was rigged.  They figured it out and, ahem, requested their money back.  And then the extortion came after.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tabe said:

The story I've heard is that Baker and his friend showed up to the poker game and the game was rigged.  They figured it out and, ahem, requested their money back.  And then the extortion came after.

I'm going to go ahead and say it shouldn't be a crime to pull a gun on people at a rigged card game.  In the immortal words of the great poet philosopher Cleo McDowell "This is America,  Jack."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

I'm going to go ahead and say it shouldn't be a crime to pull a gun on people at a rigged card game.  In the immortal words of the great poet philosopher Cleo McDowell "This is America,  Jack."

Right there with you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I never know how to feel when situations like this first come up. Obviously I am against any type of sexual harassment or assault and an investigation is justified. But the timing and situation just makes it feel off. So for now I won't form a real opinion until more comes out but either way its an unfortunate situation.

• Like 1

Assuming the Texans are behind the lawsuits(and that's a big IF), I'm not sure what the endgame for them is. Oh let's smear our franchise QB because we want him to stay? Or if we have to trade him lets lower his value? If they are legit, then fuck Watson, obviously.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Assuming the Texans are behind the lawsuits(and that's a big IF), I'm not sure what the endgame for them is. Oh let's smear our franchise QB because we want him to stay? Or if we have to trade him lets lower his value? If they are legit, then fuck Watson, obviously.

I mean, no one could be this stupid, right? 

Right?

Oh God.

• Like 1