DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Phil Schneider

We chose as our first champ

Shinya Hashimoto/Tadao Yasuda v. Tamon Honda/Masao Inoue Zero One 4/18/01

SC REVIEW

Nominate some contenders, discuss the match ect. below

Obvious answer here is the Hashimoto/Nagata vs. Misawa/Akiyama tag which is similar to the match you choose except better in every aspect. Bigger stars, more heat, more satisying finish followed by a way better post-match with a great chaotic brawl. Ohtani/Murakami brawls are also amazing, especially the first one (3/2 so it might be from the same/first Zero-1 show)

On the WWE front, there's Rock/Austin from Mania 17.

I also really liked Austin/HHH 3 stages of hell from No Way Out, maybe even a little more than the Mania match, but I'd probably be in the minority there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

On the WWE front, there's Rock/Austin from Mania 17.

I also really liked Austin/HHH 3 stages of hell from No Way Out, maybe even a little more than the Mania match, but I'd probably be in the minority there.

The Rock vs. Chris Jericho from WWF No Mercy 2001 is my WWF MOTY and overall MOTY.

There's Dudley Boys vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Edge and Christian in TLC II from WrestleMania X-Seven.

Also: Steve Austin vs. Chris Benoit from a Smackdown with the ten rolling German suplexes and Steve Austin/Triple H vs. Chris Jericho/Chris Benoit on the post Judgment Day RAW. I've watched little of Benoit since you know.

• Like 1

The Santo/Parka bloodbath

• Like 1

I wanted the Santo/Park match but Phil hates lucha and blood. 

4 hours ago, EricR said:

I wanted the Santo/Park match but Phil hates lucha and blood. 

He was spoiled by MS1/Chicana

I second Rock/Jericho. Both man's career best. It was a good year for top end WWF.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2016 at 9:54 PM, Brian Fowler said:

I second Rock/Jericho. Both man's career best. It was a good year for top end WWF.

I feel same way, pal. The Rock and Chris Jericho's best ever match.

I put this in the MISC MATCHES folder too. It really came from left field and reminded me that I still hadn't seen the Zero One match above. Strong, strong nominee, Ogawa gets treated like the eye-gouging punk he is, Hash and Otsuka (!) are out for Misawa's blood, Misawa shows how strong his elbow is in retaliation. This should have led to multiple rematches including the Misawa/Hash one we apparently never got. 

EDIT: I of course saw the current champ and discussed it at length with Eric. Me brain don't work such well those days