DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL: WEEK THREE

Dolfan in NYC

So fucking close.  SO close.  They do this every god damn week.  They cause me to lose the will to live, then slowly, steadily, they make it seem like they actually have a shot....   Then.  Yeah.   Football can die. 

gdG9Ykb.gif

Onto this week's loss to Cleveland. 

• Like 1

The Colts suck. The Bears suck. The Bears are somehow the more entertaining team to watch because they're so fucking inept and Cutler is just a giant piece of shit.

I defended Cutler on here more than anymore else, but I can't do it anymore. He needs to go. Pace needs to go. They really need to tear it all down, get a competent GM, and start over. That's the Chicago way.

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I defended Cutler on here more than anymore else, but I can't do it anymore. He needs to go. Pace needs to go. They really need to tear it all down, get a competent GM, and start over. That's the Chicago way.

Well the Bears "are preparing to be without Cutler for a long time" due to his right thumb injury per reports so yeah

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I swear to God - if that otter is dead I am going to be so fucking pissed

IT IS ALIVE, GODDAMMIT~!!!! STOP MAKING ME GOOGLE "DEAD BABY OTTER" AT WORK AND PREPARING TO EXPLAIN TO MY BOSS WHY I AM CRYING AT MY DESK~! 

I HATE YOU RIPPA~!

*looks @Dolfan in NYC's post*

okay I will stop shouting now.

Steelers play the streaky Eagles and the Ravens have the pathetic Jaguars this weekend.  PITTSBURGH NEEDS TO KEEP WINNING~!

• Like 2

The Saints have won a Super Bowl in the last 30 years. I'm not sure you get to claim your plight is nearly as bad as a Dolphin fan.

Fuck, I said something in defense of the Dolphins. I feel dirty. I shall blame the drugs from the dentist's office.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Wentz is off to a great start. 

43-71 378 yds 3 tds 0 ints

No guarantees, but he's looking like the trade maybe wasn't completely stupid.

Well it was, but only for Cleveland. . . .

In some parallel universe, Carson Wentz was drafted by the Cleveland Browns and is currently in ICU with a fractured spine thanks to Cameron "Human Turnstile" Erving.

16 minutes ago, FireThunder said:

Chargers sign Dexter McCluster to replace Danny Woodhead.  So... yay, I guess?

This allows me to post this:

I don't miss living in Mississippi, but I do miss seeing goofy shit like this in the middle of the afternoon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'd be very surprised if, barring some sort of miracle resurgence, that Cutler is around next season anyway. How many times has his age been brought up, and the fact that nobody is left on the team that was there when he started? But, unfortunately, we've seen just how bad Da Bears have been without him, look at the disaster that was week three last season with Jimmy Clausen.

I'm figuring that, no matter how Cutler's thumb is doing, that Brian Hoyer is starting on Sunday night. If Cutler is healed up enough, and Hoyer chokes, then Cutler is back on 10/2 for sure.

8 hours ago, Mike Campbell said:

I'd be very surprised if, barring some sort of miracle resurgence, that Cutler is around next season anyway. How many times has his age been brought up, and the fact that nobody is left on the team that was there when he started? But, unfortunately, we've seen just how bad Da Bears have been without him, look at the disaster that was week three last season with Jimmy Clausen.

I'm figuring that, no matter how Cutler's thumb is doing, that Brian Hoyer is starting on Sunday night. If Cutler is healed up enough, and Hoyer chokes, then Cutler is back on 10/2 for sure.

Hoyer will choke.

The only problem with moving on from Cutler is the $$$. I did some basic research about his contract, but most of it was a couple years old. Won't it still be a huge hit moving on from him? Or they could get the Browns or Rams drunk. . . .

On September 20, 2016 at 8:27 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

So fucking close.  SO close.  They do this every god damn week.  They cause me to lose the will to live, then slowly, steadily, they make it seem like they actually have a shot....   Then.  Yeah.   Football can die. 

gdG9Ykb.gif

Onto this week's loss to Cleveland. 

JoeyStylescommen.jpg

"TAZMISSION!!! TAZMISSION!!"

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

The only problem with moving on from Cutler is the $$$. I did some basic research about his contract, but most of it was a couple years old. Won't it still be a huge hit moving on from him? Or they could get the Browns or Rams drunk. . . .

Over The Cap is your friend

If they cut him right this second - it is $17 million in dead cap this year.

If they wait until the new NFL year (early March) - then the hit would only be 2 or 1 million depending on pre or post June.

If they trade him during the season - they only have to absorb a $3 million hit on the cap the rest of the year.

• Like 1

Vikings/Panthers on Sunday might have to be moved out of Charlotte.

No word on where it might get moved to, although Clemson is out of town at Georgia Tech this weekend.

EDIT: League just released a statement saying they're planning on playing the game in Charlotte as scheduled.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Over The Cap is your friend

If they cut him right this second - it is $17 million in dead cap this year.

If they wait until the new NFL year (early March) - then the hit would only be 2 or 1 million depending on pre or post June.

If they trade him during the season - they only have to absorb a $3 million hit on the cap the rest of the year.

Thanks, yeah he's gone. Damn well should be too, but as flawed as he is, upgrading could be a problem as there aren't that many good QB's available. Maybe they will give EJ a dumb contract. . . .

59 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Thanks, yeah he's gone. Damn well should be too, but as flawed as he is, upgrading could be a problem as there aren't that many good QB's available. Maybe they will give EJ a dumb contract. . . .

They could easily be bad enough to get DeShaun Watson. Thought SF had that locked up but now I'm not so sure.