DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Cruiserweight Madness - 9/19/16

Dolfan in NYC

They have about ten guys so far for the cruiser division, I'd say they almost have to have more than one match per week, no? Unless it's just going to be a ton of multiman matches..  I don't know. That's a lot of people for just one segment a week. 

I think the stuff like Bo Dallas needs to be cut out and definitely need to cut back on the Steph/Foley backstage segments. It's just way too much.

They've recently been doing two women's segments so maybe the cruisers will get that also.

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They have about ten guys so far for the cruiser division, I'd say they almost have to have more than one match per week, no? Unless it's just going to be a ton of multiman matches..  I don't know. That's a lot of people for just one segment a week. 

I think the stuff like Bo Dallas needs to be cut out and definitely need to cut back on the Steph/Foley backstage segments. It's just way too much.

They've recently been doing two women's segments so maybe the cruisers will get that also.

Those ten or so guys really should have been on Smackdown. Because they need it. Bad. That match got lost in the shuffle and Raw without the CWs could make their own cruiserweight division with the guys that they have that did not compete. 

Cedric is going to be a star and I am rooting for Kendrick to take the title off TJP knowing that is really unlikely to happen. If that means, Cedric wins it later, it is all good. Can't wait to see Gallagher. 

10 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Y'all should be complaining more about the convoluted tag team division.  WTF is going on with that mess?  Don't know, not sure if I should care.  I honestly like the Shining Stars more than any other team right now.  At least they're consistent with their COME TO PUERTO RICO gimmick.

I am shocked and pleasantly surprised that WWE hasn't stooped low with Enzo and Cass and haven't had them tell any Zika jokes in this angle.  Unless they have been tasteless when I have the channel tuned into Monday Night Football.

I FUCKING CALLED IT LAST WEEK.  TRIPLE THREAT FOR THE WIMMEN'S TITLE.  fuck... I hate being right...poor bayley and sasha..too much too soon..

Gary Graham is the son of MIchael PS Hayes.  Either Bo is going to get fired for potatoing the shit out of the Head Talent Agent's kid, or PS is pissed off at his son and put him in that Texas Dog Whoopin' to go and earn his stripes.

the series is even now hurray huzzah grats to cesaro we knew last week this was going seven matches i am the opposite of excited..

That fucking cruiserweight match was BALLS TO THE WALLS~!  THE Brian Kendrick is a complete dick. I love that dude like family.  Seeing Cedric Alexander on my television not wrestling in a ROH ring was very strange.  TBK was actually the least impressive of the guys in the ring, but the right guy won since Brian has the experience going for him and he knows how to be enough of a douchebag to make TJ Perkins look like a babyface saint.

I can't blame Kota for not taking a WWE contract since he enjoys working with his friends in various promotions and a WWE contract would pretty much nuke any chances of him being able to go back home when he wants to.

Rusev is making me look forward to Rusev / Reigns and Owens is making me look forward to Owens / Rollins.  Pattern?  I thought I would be happy about any sort of reunion of any members of The Shield but right now, the Magic 8 Ball says Signs Point To No.

RUSEV REMEMBERED HE IS RUSSIAN AND NOT BULGARIAN ANYMORE AND BROUGHT BACK THE CHAIN~!  I haven't seen Rusev come to the ring with a chain since, what, his feud with Cena?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I FUCKING CALLED IT LAST WEEK.  TRIPLE THREAT FOR THE WIMMEN'S TITLE.  fuck... I hate being right...poor bayley and sasha..too much too soon..

Yes... Yes... no one else saw the double pin last week

Either way, they've succeeded in murdering all of the face shine for Bayley and Sasha by not having the decency to at least build some sort of competitive friendship angle into the booking. 

It's every woman for herself and Sasha has tons of charisma and positivity, but she's not a natural babyface like Bayley is.  Sasha seems more comfortable in the role of a heel and it wouldn't surprise me if Sasha turned on Bayley at the Clash for the sake of winning the belt.

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes... Yes... no one else saw the double pin last week

So out of comment I made you target that one to shoot on? :)

To be fair - Bayley is by FAR the most over woman on the roster (Side tangent: I am trying to think of who got on SportsCenter quicker than her)

It is just that they decided that Charlotte vs. Dana is the way they are going

Bayley is not only more over than anyone else; she's clearly a better worker than Dana.

I hope Ric schools his daughter on the finer points of carrying a load to a five star match, because Charlotte has her work cut out for her if defending against Dana is what the book has planed for her.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and I said this last night but Rollins crippling Balor and then stealing the Sling Blade is the ultimate dick move

Fwiw, he's been using that since the Shield/Evolution feud, at least. He just used it less as a heel.

Also: I really, really hope Sasha/Bayley is the planned title feud. Dana isn't ready to challenge, and the crowd will drown out any attempt to pretend otherwise by chanting for women who aren't in the match. 

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and I said this last night but Rollins crippling Balor and then stealing the Sling Blade is the ultimate dick move

I noticed that and thought it was awesome, but then I reminded myself that Rollins is supposed to be the face in that feud.

And what Beech said.  I think he's used that move for a while now.  Maybe he dropped it once Finn caught on in NXT?  I'd have to look at a time line.

They need to do a Creed booking with Ellsworth where he goes to seek out the advice of an aging and bitter Barry Horrowitz and tries to get Barry to coach him towards his first jobber win.

I'd even throw in a kayfabe cancer angle.

I would mark the fuck out and then weep many tears at the sight of Ellsworth rolling up Bo Dallas with a three quarter nelson and hooking a leg for the three count.

• Like 3

In a way, I'm a bit disappointed to see Kendrick at the cruiser title contender so soon. Given there's now no build to the PPV, I'd have preferred to see them build up his cagey, desperate to win character for a while instead of him (probably) losing in week 1. Out of all the guys they've signed/rumoured to have signed, Swann has the least upside, so I'd have thrown him out there as the one-off challenger.

9 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I honestly like the Shining Stars more than any other team right now.  At least they're consistent with their COME TO PUERTO RICO gimmick.

Well to be fair, at first we had no idea why they wanted us to come, now we know it's all a real estate scam. (Much like most things in life.)