DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Cruiserweight Madness - 9/19/16

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

"WWE is proud to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month"

"We lie! We cheat! We steal!"

Uh huh.

Just like celebrating Black History Month on 24/7 by showing the One Man Gang transformation into Akeem. WWE has always been very classy about race. 

• Like 3

First we gotta talk cruiserweights.  So, I really enjoyed the match itself. It was a fun introduction.  Swann, Cedric and Metalik were awesome with all their highflying spots and strikes but Kendrick did a fantastic job as the glue holding this together and grinding it out.  I loved that because it's so different than the typical multiman where all four guys are doing spots.  Kendrick slowed the pace down at times and the match was better for it so great job, all four of these guys. 

I loved that the ring apron is different also.  It sets them apart and tells the audience hey this is important.  Watch this. 

The Mick Foley promo did not come off well, I think he forgot his lines or something I don't know, it was awkward. 

The crowd didn't know what to think at first but they were completely into it and won over at the end so, awesome.

• Like 2

Kendrick works heel as well as anyone in the world, and both Swann and Cedric look like stars. Good debut, although you figure the champ should have been on TV.

But yeah, it was tough work, getting to that match. Rollins is just an awful face so far, and the multi man tag--Jericho promo aside--didn't do much for me. I'm excited to get to Sasha/Bayley, but this week just spun the wheels. 

Yeah this women's story is still not doing it for me,  I like that Sasha is giving these little glares and side eyes to Bayley setting up the eventual turn but they've barely scratched the surface of their friendship so it's just too early for me and the Charlotte/Dana,  Million Dollar Man and Virgil storyline is progressing way too quickly also..  I think it's way rushed. 

On the bright side,  Nia Jax is getting a match on the Kickoff against Alicia Fox so it's cool to have some other women being used at the PPV. 

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Mick was out there reading off a note card for fucks sake. If you can't remember this shit, have Graves do it.

...or you know, have the cruiserweight division on SD with the two guys who called the CWC and were so enthusiastic about it, but that would mean Stephanie got upstaged by not getting the cruisers. That's the whole purpose of Draft 2: Electric Boogaloo; to show that nobody upstages Stephanie, except her husband. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Did they sign Kota Ibushi full time? They name dropped him from the CWC quite a bit.

He turned down a contract because he doesn't want to be exclusive to any promotion. That's why TJ Perkins won the tournament.

That Foley promo introducing the cruiserweights was painful to watch. Like watching Kobashi in the ring in 2012.

30 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

"WWE is proud to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month"

"We lie! We cheat! We steal!"

Uh huh.

There was also a weird line in there about Guerrero saying something like "his heart is as big as a mountain" which was a strange line to use given how he died.

Plus, after the first Hispanic Heritage video, they immediately followed it with Sin Cara getting squashed.

1 minute ago, Bald Henry said:

There was also a weird line in there about Guerrero saying something like "his heart is as big as a mountain" which was a strange line to use given how he died.

Plus, after the first Hispanic Heritage video, they immediately followed it with Sin Cara getting squashed.

I was certain the mask was coming off when Buffalo Stampede kept glaring at Sin Cara after the match. That would be a very WWE thing to do while celebrating Hispanic Heritage month.

Hey, we can't have something on Smackdown that would make people want to watch Smackdown especially during Football season for Christ's sake. Wait...we're not in competition with them. I'm sure Vince is concerned with the numbers the WWE did against Kevin Can't Wait though.

The Cruiserweight match was fun but also really like a little constrained. Almost like it someone told them "hey, great stuff on the network but don't you fucking go do that shit on RAW and outshine the main event". That's just also the formula of WWE 4 way's. They should really be eliminations instead of one fall. They would flow so much better. I was surprised Kendrick won. I thought for sure Swann or Alexander would.

Fuck the little people, this was all about the return of Chris Jericho bringing a list to the ring. I can't stress how much I love the return of 98 Jericho; been waiting for it since 2002.

I know DVDVR is Roman bizzaro world, but fuck I'm sick of him in the title scene. He needs to job hard to Rusev, the best guy in the company, and then maybe get into an extended feud with Bo Dallas after a surprise "dude you thought it was gonna be a jobber!" match. Really don't want to see Rollins' face turn go to shit with a Reigns alliance.

Cruiser match was indeed fun, but this needs to be on Smackdown, and the last thing Smackdown needs is Cole shouting "you won't see this on that garbage fucking shit show Smackdown!" 

• Like 2