DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 95: Cyborg vs. Länsberg (9/24/2016) - Brasília, Brazil (Ginásio Nilson Nelson)

Elsalvajeloco

1 hour ago, AxB said:

How come Nelson was wearing green and yellow Brazil gear? He's not Brazilian. I mean, the fans seemed to love him and all, but if the whole idea is everyone's representing a nation... aren't you supposed to just pick one and stick with it?

As they've done the new color schemes, I think they have become less strict about that. You can also mix and match. For example, Lina Lansberg had a silver top and the shorts representing Sweden. You just pick the gear you want during fight week, and they give it to you. They are suppose to roll out new ones before the end of the year IIRC. So you're going to see more of that.

On 9/25/2016 at 5:06 AM, TheVileOne said:

In case you needed more proof that Roy Nelson is an idiot.  I can understand maybe being angry about a possibly late stoppage and adrenaline pumping and being in the moment, but don't freaking kick the referee you moron.

45CC403A-A9FF-491F-9167-5FA1DC2BB4D2_zps

Bigfoot and Roy are best bros / borderline family and Nelson did not want to hurt Silva anymore than he had too.  Explains his anger but you should never put your hands on the ref.

“I had John in my last fight. We talked about what’s considered damage. He doesn’t know what’s going on in MMA,” Nelson said on Fox Sports 1.

“That’s why when I actually, when I knew I hit a home run with ‘Bigfoot, I already knew he was out. I could have done the Mark Hunt and walk away and then hopefully he might stop it."

“But I stood over him, waited, waited, waited, and then I started throwing bombs and he let me throw just clean punches. Bigfoot’s my friend, I know he has a family to go to.”

“It was a push to ‘Big John.’ Like dude, come on, he was knocked out. I know what a KO is. I do it for a living,”

“It hurt my feelings. I apologized to ‘Big John,’ but I wouldn’t take it back. It just hurt me that I had to keep hitting the guy."

If he was so concerned about his friend, he wouldn't have took the fight that probably is going to cost Pezao his spot in the UFC.

On the stoppage, he can just pull up and not throw any more punches. I think Pezao was unconscious enough that he wasn't to get up or show that he was aware enough to continue, and that would have forced BJM to stop the fight. Standing TKOs are much different because bad referees have shown the proclivity to let fighters take ungodly amounts of punishment as long as they stay up. When fighters are grounded and already "done", it's a much different thing because fighters have to establish a visible defense that's more than just standing up like a zombie. The ceiling is much higher. You would think Roy Nelson, a guy with literally dozens of fights, would know that and exploit that instead of complaining about BJM stopping the fight. Mark Hunt is proof positive you can exploit at will and get away with it.

• Like 1