DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For OCTOBER 5, 2016

RIPPA

per WON

- The Authors of Pain defeated The Bollywood Boyz in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic match

Total destruction by the AOP as they hit their leg sweep finish for the win.

- Rich Swann defeated Patrick Clark

Great crowd reaction for Swann. He hit the handspring elbow moonsault for the win.

- Peyton Royce w/ Billie Kay defeated Danielle Kamela

Perfect Plex by Royce for the win.

- Dan Matha came out for his debut match, but was destroyed by Joe. Joe demanded that Regal hand him the title in one week.

- NXT Tag Team Champions The Revival defeated Andrade "Cien" Almas & Cedric Alexander in a Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic match

This was everything you'd expect from these four. As Almas sat in the ropes doing his tranquilo taunt, Alexander dove over him onto Revival in a major spot early. The heels worked over Almas until the hot tag when Alexander ran wild before Revival hit the Shatter Machine.

Almas turned on Alexander after the match, beating him down and dropping him on the steps. The crowd was all over Almas.

per PWI

Week 3

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: The Authors of Pain def. the Bollywood Boyz.

- Rich Swann def. Patrick Clark. They played his old music after winning. 

- Peyton Royce (w/Billie Kay) def. Danielle Kamela.

- Dan Matha comes out for a match, but is assaulted by Samoa Joe. Joe continues to call for Nakamura or his title.

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic: The Revival def. Andrade Cien Almas and Cedric Alexander. 

Post match: Almas attacks Alexander and lays him out.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

So, will Almas be working the house show here as a heel, if this airs on TV a couple days earlier?

or is he already a heel on the house show tours? 

He is already a heel on house shows. Like one show he was against Nakamura in the main event

• 2 weeks later...

So Patrick Clark went from the guy wearing USA tights and gear looking all indie to Paisley Park Patrick Clark a Prince gimmick?  The last person who did a Prince gimmick didn't have much success but Clark can't possibly be on the level of Prince Ieakua

Sweet fuck, Rich Swann is over.

If Patrick Clark is working a Prince gimmick, I'm interested. If it's just black Goldust circa-'96, no thanks.

AoP coming out to kill the Bollywood Boyz made me happy to see the Bollywood Boyz for once. 

Peyton Royce's mocking Jersey accent was funny enough to make me do a spit-take. That shit was hilarious. 

...did they build up a dude's debut for multiple weeks just to have Joe fuck him up? Actually, that's kind of amazing. 

Almas needed that turn, and Cedric was the dude to have him turn on because he's also over. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Over/under on Dan Matha's first wellness violation? I'll set the bar at 7 weeks.

Images dont want to paste but his back was something else.

He had backne, frontne, and everything in between.

I thought it was hilarious that they had a bunch of video packages making him look like the next big thing just for Joe to kick his ass before he even had a match. I wonder when we'll see Matha again.

I thought Peyton Royce looked way better here than the last time they tried to introduce the Venus Flytrap character on NXT.  And that's while working with an opponent who was really stiff and awkward the whole time.

• Like 2

I actually kind of like L_W_P's idea if they went all-in on that.  I sense once Vince sees him he's going to lose his mind.  If only I had the skills to make a gif of Matha posing while Vince freaks out in the chair.

I'm beyond happy to see Swann so beloved and he looked great in his match.  Also really happy to see Peyton on TV, I'm liking what she did and hope to see much more out of her and Billie.  And I knew Andrande was going to turn on poor Cedric, but that match was awesome.  Can't wait to see the Andrande/Cedric feud play out, especially if Andrande gets as close to heel La Sombra as possible.

55 minutes ago, EVA said:

I thought Peyton Royce looked way better here than the last time they tried to introduce the Venus Flytrap character on NXT.  And that's while working with an opponent who was really stiff and awkward the whole time.

I'm still not completely sold on the Venus Flytrap thing but I agree that this is the best Peyton looked while doing the gimmick. I'm glad that they are finally doing something with her and Billie. Hopefully this is the start of building up the next crop of stars for the division. 

The Authors of Pain was running a fine line in the amount of give to team that weighed in at 350 pounds together.  The Bollywood Brunettes started off okay until the lukewarm tag, I liked the slaps from Steve Baustin and the jawbreaker escape but Billman came off too jobberish.  Akkam's Razar didn't need to give them a lot but I think a little more would have been better.

Rich Swan came off like a star, I think he needs a smoother set up for the handspring splash.  I think he was struggling with the spacing for a bit which is why he was wandering around a bit before going to the finish.  Swan has good facials and this gear is a great improvement without wings flapping all over the place.  Patrick Clark came off okay with some good mannerisms and posture.  This is a fine enhancement gimmick and they can work him into something else or build up the gimmick if they decide.

Peyton is a living gumby thing and works to the strengths of the ladies in WWE as she will be super flexible in submissions going forward.  I would like her to go into some sort of knot submission for a finish rather than the fisherman's suplex which only works with a Mr. Perfect hop and not when they just do the suplex.  I'm happy to see her and Bilie as a Emma-Dana pairing which could work as a threat if they actually can use their numbers as an advantage.  The other girl wasn't memorable.

Reading spoilers on the Joe thing ruined it. Otherwise I don't know if I would have seen it coming otherwise.

The main event was like the most popcorn Revival match I can remember.  I just think it was okay but forgettable and not up to the Dash and Dawson standard of excellence. Cedric and Almas were okay as a pure face tag team (until it was over anyway) but didn't shine as much I would have hoped.  The Revival set up to the shatter machine was telegraphed 5 seconds too early so it was too expected and it works much better as a out of nowhere deal. I thinking I'm asking too much of a team to show me something new every time out but this was missing something to make it memorable.

OMFG, how much shit is Dan Matha on?!? He looks worse than Gene Snitsky. That looked disgusting. That said, I love that they hyped him for weeks to have him get destroyed by Joe. Awesome.

Also awesome? The AoP murdering the Bollywood Boys. Someone make a stable with Joe and the AoP. They would be unstoppable.

Rich Swann is so fucking cool. The face he makes at the start of the match had me in stitches. The commentary made me laugh even more. I think it was Phillips who said that Patrick looked like he wanted to play Swann in a game of basketball and then serve him pancakes. I was dying.

Peyton Royce is the next big female star. She works so well in the ring and has great presence. It doesn't hurt that she also has better looks than Eva Marie.

• Like 1

tumblr_oemtzdKoaT1s05wxzo1_400.gif

Greatest reaction to anything this year.

Great show overall. I like they are rebuilding the Women's division and I love the influx of stars that they have on NXT. I am not sure what they are planning with Cedric and Rich Swann, but the more I see of them the better. Dan Matha sevral constellations of roid pimples all over his body. 

• Like 3