DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For SEPTEMBER 28, 2016

RIPPA

per WON

- Regal announced the return of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. The tournament begins “tonight” and will culminate at NXT TakeOver: Toronto.

- Tye Dillinger defeated Angelo Dawkins

Dillinger hit the Tye Breaker for the win. After the match, Bobby Roode met Dillinger at the ramp and said he needs a perfect partner to win the Dusty Classic. Their team would be Perfectly Glorious.

- The Ealy Brothers vs. The Revival never happened as Samoa Joe destroyed the giant twins as Revival watched from the ramp, zipped their jackets back up, and left. Joe demanded Regal bring him Nakamura or he would keep on destroying people.

- The Authors Of Pain defeated two enhancement talents in a squash match. Paul Ellering said the next chapter will unleash a plethora of pain.

- Asuka defeated Liv Morgan

Asuka got the armbar submission fast. She then proclaimed that no one is ready for her.

- Hideo Itami defeated Lince Dorado

Competitive match with Itami showcasing all he's got before hitting the GTS for the win. Aries hopped the rail and attacked Itami from behind after the match, but was fought off and Itami sent Aries packing.

per PWI

Week 2:

- William Regal comes out and announces the Dusty Tag Classic.

- Tye Dillinger def. Angelo Dawkins. 

Post match: Bobby Roode comes out after the match and wants Tye to join him in the Dusty Tag Classic.

- The Revival vs. Gabriel and Uriel Ealy never starts. Before the match can start, Samoa Joe comes out and attacks the Ealy brothers. He says to William Regal, "The beatings will continue until your decisiveness improves."

- Ember Moon def. Mandy Rose.

- The Authors of Pain won a squash. Paul Ellering cuts a very short promo afterwards.

- Asuka def. Liv Morgan in about a minute. 

Post match: Asuka is interviewed and says no one is ready for her.

- Hideo Itami def. Lince Dorado.

Post match:  Austin Aries attacks Itami, but Hideo is able to run him off.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Asuka/Liv Morgan.  This is how Asuka should have always been booked.  No one buys her selling for half the match.  But I definitely buy her doing one move, then hooking a submission to end it immediately.  

I also loved the crowd not knowing the match was about to happen and the collective gasp when they realized Liv was about to be destroyed.

• Like 1

That Asuka/Liv match was as good as I could've hoped. If they don't let Asuka get to the main roster undefeated, they're wasting a massive opportunity.

Mandy still needs to find her personality, but she's improving on the physical side of things. If she's gonna work that stiff, make her the next Asuka minute victim.

The Joe beatdown on those AoP wannabes was good. Loved the senton stampede.

Behind Asuka squashes, AoP squashes are my favorite thing about NXT right now. I hope they get to face the Revival in the Dusty Classic, but I'll settle for a match with DIY in the finals.

Itami/Lince was decent. I love it when Itami can work with a little arrogance.

I dug Liv being squashed in under a minute though I thought the squash itself was thoroughly unimpressive. Conversely the AoP squashes continue to be good fun.

Ember/Rose was nice. She along with Aliyah are showing some good potential for the future.

Joe's beatdown on the Ealy Brothers along with Revival's reaction was good.

Glad to see them doing something with Tye Dillenger.

Looking at this and future shows they seem to have a decent plan down for rebuilding NXT after the heavy losses from the brand split. The women's division is the only part that has trouble and that is mostly because of the beast that is Asuka. The second Nia was gone they took away any developing talent who could realistically beat her.

I don't think the division is weak personnel-wise, it just has no direction. Revival, DIY, AoP, and TM61 are all decent to great teams, but there's nothing resembling an angle outside of the lingering Revival/DIY tension. The Revival have barely been on tv since Brooklyn.

• Like 1

I think that will be remedied somewhat by the Dusty Classic.  With the right matchups I'm sure we'll hear about this for some time.  I wouldn't worry about the tag division, but understand how the women's division seems weaker.

Favorite thing was Liv happily acknowledging a sign as she came down the ramp only for the sign to read "Liv To Regret This".

"Precious" Paul can still cut an effective promo. Simplicity.. grizzled, wise voice without a need to scream or yell... just missing the Wall Street Journal.

AoP, super-confident Itami, good Corey Graves shitting on Tom Phillips, Ember Moon, and Asuka continue to be awesome. 

Joe got over as a heel with me just because he screwed me out of getting to see a Revival match. 

I was checking out Mandy Rose's wikipedia page and I see her last name is Saccomanno. She also happens to be from New York. Kramer's often talked about, but never seen friend was Bob Sacamano. Bob Sacamano was a real life friend of Seinfeld writer, Larry Charles, but the two had a falling out early in the series. Mandy Rose is Bob Sacamano's daughter. I like to think Bob Sacamano was really Kramer's "Tyler Durden". Mandy Rose is Kramer's daughter. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NickMD said:

I guess I can see why you'd do a Wiki search, but I'd rather search images if I'm going to look her up.  Too bad I'm on a work computer.

Yes, she is insanely hot. I got that from watching her match against Ember Moon. I really liked some of those stiff shots she laid into Ember. I'd like to see both of them in line for Asuka a few months from now. 

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes, she is insanely hot. I got that from watching her match against Ember Moon. I really liked some of those stiff shots she laid into Ember. I'd like to see both of them in line for Asuka a few months from now. 

She's far superior to Eva Marie so I'm hoping they ditch Eva and push her to the moon.  She so far has what it takes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NickMD said:

She's far superior to Eva Marie so I'm hoping they ditch Eva and push her to the moon.  She so far has what it takes.

Superior how?  In the ring, yeah she's better, but I still think I find Eva more attractive.  I'll now be going to do some google image research to confirm whether or not my hypothesis is correct.

Why is Mandy Rose already ahead of Carmella/Liv/Eva?! She looks way farther along in ring. Also has solid charisma to back it up; she's actually emoting and not just aping it. And those boulder shoulders, Becky's got competition!

That was a snug freakin sell of the GTS by Dorado. Two great sells for him this week.

• Like 3

Aren't there a couple (at least) more NXT ladies that showed up in that multi-woman tag match a few weeks back. Forgive me for missing names but I know there was the little Scottish woman in the blue gear and the bad ass working the MMA gloves and gimmick. Any word on them?

I'm all in on Mandy Rose right now. She's already showing some great potential and she's still green as grass. That bicycle knee strike of hers has finisher potential. My guess would be Ember Moon agrees after eating it and spitting blood the rest of the match. The bloody mouth along with the red contacts actually looked sort of cool at the end of the their match.