DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] For SEPTEMBER 21, 2016

RIPPA

per WON

- Dark Match: Jack Gallagher defeated Noam Dar

This was all you could ever want in a comedy match. Gallagher rolled Dar into a ball and kicked him in the bum. They did a rolling near fall reversal circle for a while, and Gallagher won with a running dropkick.

NXT TV taping spoilers -- 
- Samoa Joe came out for a promo. He said that he has Shinsuke Nakamura’s medical report and it says Nakamura is out 6-12 weeks. He wants to either face Nakamura or have him stripped of the title. Mr. Regal came out and said he will handle what Joe caused. Joe went face-to-face with Regal before leaving.

- Austin Aries defeated Oney Lorcan

Physical match, Lorcan used a headlock early to keep the advantage until Aries sent him over the top to the floor on a scary spot. Aries won with the Horns of Aries for the submission victory. Aries got on the mic and called Hideo Itami a coward, leading to Itami making his way to the ring as Aries bailed.

- Billie Kay defeated Aliyah

Big boot by Kay for the win.

- Cedric Alexander defeated Andrade "Cien" Almas

Amazing stuff here, crowd was behind Alexander all the way. This was the best match Almas has had in NXT. Alexander won it with a lumbar check and the two embraced after the match.

per PWI

Dark Match: Jack Gallagher def. Noam Dar.

Week 1:

- Samoa Joe runs down Nakamura's injuries from last week, listing each one. He noted that Nakamura will be out 6-12 weeks. He wants Regal to give him Nakamura or strip him of the belt. Regal says he hasn't spoken to Nakamura, but does say he will fix the problem Joe caused. Joe gets in Regal's face and threatens to do to the rest of the roster, what he did to Nakamura.

- Austin Aries def. Oney Lorcan. 

Post match: Aries says he wasn't on NXT last week because he had better things to do with his time off. He says he would call Hifeo Itami out, but he know Itami is a coward. Itami comes out, but Aries leaves before they can fight.

- Billie Kay def. Aliyah.

- Cedric Alexander def. Andrade Cien Almas.

The Joe/Regal segment was nice.

Liv's delusion in thinking she has any chance of whatsoever against Asuka was also nice, especially with Asuka looking at Liv like she was some young lamb to slaughter

I didn't pay much attention to Lorcan/Aries though what I saw looked decent.

I'm kind of liking Aliyah. She shows some decent promise.

Almas/Alexander was a fine match and the best best Almas has looked in NXT yet.

Spoiler

This was a good show. I thought that the main event was booked really well for an Andrade upcoming heel turn, which I'm guessing is going to happen (I don't read spoilers). The opening was too pretty and choreographed for a regular match, but since this was two dudes trying to one-up each other more than to win the match at the outset, it worked well. 

I think Aliyah is going to end up being really good. I know it's not saying much, but she might actually be the third best woman on NXT right now. She already moves better than the non Ember/Asuka crowd, has some natural swagger to her, and is really young. Billie Kay has been underwhelming for the entirety of her NXT tenure, but this was probably her best showing.

Cedric is also a future star. He's got the moves, and a natural connection to the NXT audience. That was definitely Almas' best match in NXT.

Aries/Lorcan was fun too.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The look on Liv's face made it seem like maybe she knows now she made a grave mistake.

Run-Bitch-Run-GIF.gif?gs=a

The only thing on my mind when Liv Morgan got bold on Asuka. Naw, fam. Asuka is going to be feasting on these lambs not named Ember Moon. It is open season on the NXT women's division right now. 

So I am confused. Is Cedric going to stay in NXT or is going to stay in Raw? Either way I am stoked. My favorite modern wrestler that is under 30. He is going to be huge and I can't wait to see his future matches. Also, this match with Andrade was amazing. Like I knew Andrade can go, but I did not think these two had so much chemistry. Another great match for them both and I am sure it won't be the last I say of both of them.

What was Austin going for? A suplex Go to Sleep? That was weird. All things aside, this was fun match. Is Oney whatever the fuck his stupid name is going to get a push soon.

The only person I see taking the title off Shinsuke is Tye Dillinger. Or maybe Hideo. That is about it.

Saw the second half of Aaliyah/Billie and the main event.  Aaliyah in short time has looked worlds better both with her wrestling and her looks.  I was normally writing her off, but might have to start paying more attention now.

The main event was fun, I'm super excited to (hopefully) see Cedric at the NXT house show.  I still remember seeing him start with Caprice.  At the after party he was this quiet guy with his then-fiancee/now wife who was just chilling out.  He was heavier then of course, but showed promise as part of C&C Wrestle Factory.  Seeing him go from that to a great face run then okay heel run, it's amazing to see him now.  I am so glad he's on this show and the Raw shows, the guy truly deserves it.

9 hours ago, Cristobal said:

I am entirely uncertain how to respond to that.

Dillenger is the most over guy right now. He is not losing matches and no longer a glorified jobber. He is awesome in the ring and can make exciting matches if given the opportunity. He may not be an indy favorite guy, but management can't ignore that he is not some Tyler Breeze clone.  He just needs an opponent, preferably one the indy/non-WWE made favorites, to get him over.  In the meantime, Shinsuke can just go on a tear of defending the title and looking unstoppable. He has already beaten the who is who of NXT and no one looks poised to beat him. They need to build people up to take the title off of him and I can't really think of somebody they can do so than Tye. 

Hideo needs to move up to main roster soon and feud with Balor.

If NXT is judging by overall crowd response and not just ignoring it, Dillenger is their guy to build up over time and he would be a perfect testament that yes, the development system does indeed work.

12 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This was a good show. I thought that the main event was booked really well for an Andrade upcoming heel turn, which I'm guessing is going to happen (I don't read spoilers). The opening was too pretty and choreographed for a regular match, but since this was two dudes trying to one-up each other more than to win the match at the outset, it worked well. 

Oh man, I am so sorry! Does this mean that I was right? I genuinely was just guessing based on the interactions that happened in that match. Didn't mean to spoil anyone.