DVDVR Message Board

CWC EPISODE TEN - SEMIS & FINALS (9/1416)

RIPPA

Who said I was hating on Hunter? I just pointed out that Hunter basking in the praise of his former most-hated enemies, the internet nerds what live in their parents' basements, was classic Hunter. 

I'm wondering what TJP has to do to get some approval from some because this whole tourny he brought it and was pretty damn good.  He was way better than the huge dissappointment ZSJ turned out to be.  

The Cruiserweight Belt pretty sweet and is the best looking Network Era belt.

NJPW should be fucking embarrassed that the WWE put on a better Super J Cup then they did in the same year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Just too many holes in TJP/Ibushi for me to call it best match of the night. I don't buy TJP as being able to kick out of Ibushi's Super Death Bomb, at all.

It's not like any of these guys are superheavyweights. They are all the same weight class so saying one guy should kick out but another guy shouldn't is strange.

Kalisto was removed from the 9/26 Smackdown House Show lineup on WWE.com today. Perhaps a move to Raw to join the Cruiserweights? Too lazy to look and see if he's still listed on any other Smackdown live events.

3 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

I'm wondering what TJP has to do to get some approval from some because this whole tourny he brought it and was pretty damn good.  He was way better than the huge dissappointment ZSJ turned out to be.  

The Cruiserweight Belt pretty sweet and is the best looking Network Era belt.

NJPW should be fucking embarrassed that the WWE put on a better Super J Cup then they did in the same year.

Maybe be a top 5 guy in the tournament he just won? I enjoyed his match with Swann, but most of what I liked was Swann's selling, and the same can be said for the Gargano match. I enjoyed TJP/Ibushi, but thought it wasn't near Ibushi's matches with Kendrick or Alexander. The main tonight with Metalik would probably be my 4th favorite Metalik match of the tournament.

I don't quite get why they went with both upsets in the semis. Could have had TJP beat both guys who were seen as the de facto favorites on paper.

I get why ZSJ is divisive, but I love what he did in this tournament. It was like taking all the good things about that British World of Sport style and dropping all the cartwheel bullshit that makes me hate actual WOS stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Wait we are shitting on TJ Perkins because of his work as Manik in TNA?  Are you kidding me    <_<

No, I'm not a fan because I don't think he's good now and I've never enjoyed him. Sweet fuck, some of you guys jump to silly conclusions. 

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

And 0 of them look like they could have kicked out of that move. 

Dude, if we are going to argue about finisher kickouts we'll be here all night. The most egregious stuff to me is the very convoluted Sabre Jr. submissions. That's why I cannot put that match ahead of the other two.  Anytime he gets carried away with that shit it takes me right out of the match.  And tonight, he definitely got carried away. Again.

What's the issue with TJP winning this thing?   Kota is not an option. You don't put the belt on a guy who doesn't work for you and TJP is a nice underdog story. Nobody believed he could do it, he doesn't have a million options in Japan or in the UK..  this was his chance. His story was not as compelling as Kendrick's but for me it's perfectly fine storytelling.  I mean the sub he had to lock in on the monster Ibushi was pretty great.  He was the ultimate underdog and overcame the odds.  Totally fine with this.

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Wait we are shitting on TJ Perkins because of his work as Manik in TNA?  Are you kidding me    <_<

I wasn't. I was mocking TNA for yet another person the wasted for years that the WWE used better in less than two months

• Like 3

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

I get why ZSJ is divisive, but I love what he did in this tournament. It was like taking all the good things about that British World of Sport style and dropping all the cartwheel bullshit that makes me hate actual WOS stuff.

Amusingly, he takes out all teh things i like about World of Sport (the actual fighting for submissions, matches not feeling like exhibitions), and inserts it with "Hey crowd, look at this awesome submission I did? Wait, now watch this one!"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Dude, if we are going to argue about finisher kickouts we'll be here all night. The most egregious stuff to me is the very convoluted Sabre Jr. submissions. That's why I cannot put that match ahead of the other two.  Anytime he gets carried away with that shit it takes me right out of the match.  And tonight, he definitely got carried away. Again.

What's the issue with TJP winning this thing?   Kota is not an option. You don't put the belt on a guy who doesn't work for you and TJP is a nice underdog story. Nobody believed he could do it, he doesn't have a million options in Japan or in the UK..  this was his chance. His story was not as compelling as Kendrick's but for me it's perfectly fine storytelling.  I mean the sub he had to lock in on the monster Ibushi was pretty great.  He was the ultimate underdog and overcame the odds.  Totally fine with this.

Because I have very little interesting in watching his matches, and his tournament did nothing to change my opinion about that. Even if you took out Ibushi or ZSJ, Metalik, Alexander, Gallagher, and Tozawa are all under contract and, to me, significantly better wrestlers.