DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE IS JAMES M-Fing ELLSWORNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

piranesi

7 hours ago, J.T. said:

I am digging the Usos as Nise SGP, but it kinda bugs me that nearly every heel turn going down in the WWE lately is a face going heel but think they are still a face angle.

And Jesus, they are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this turn.  The fans are responsible, there is a corporate conspiracy going on, accusations of nepotism, and they fell just shy of playing the race card.

Usos need an entrance theme from the Boo-Yaa TRIBE for this heel turn to be complete and they need to embrace their new found evil by shunning all footwear as proper Samoan villains would.

And totally no sell any shots to the cranium!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

My favorite part of the Swagger promo is when he mentions that he was a member of the Smackdown roster as of 12:01 AM that day. Shane and Bryan were chomping at the bit to sign a guy who had just lost to Jinder Mahal. That's Matt Millen tier.

Maybe it's all part of WWE's whole meta worked shoot "blurring the lines" thing and we're just supposed to accept that Swagger was doing the job on his way out the territory.

Honestly I don't even know if I'm joking or serious there...

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

My favorite part of the Swagger promo is when he mentions that he was a member of the Smackdown roster as of 12:01 AM that day. Shane and Bryan were chomping at the bit to sign a guy who had just lost to Jinder Mahal. That's Matt Millen tier.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well again - Bryan will sign Swagger and keep James Ellsworth on retainer but won't sign Nakamura or Joe

Somebody needs to archive all posts like this, so we can look back in a year at how Shane and Bryan are literally the worst wrestling authority figures ever. It's like they're trying to make themselves look as dumb as possible.

5 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Kayfabe-wise, how the hell was Swagger's Raw contract only 7 weeks? He needs to fire his agent, pronto.

Funny thing with the GM's/free agents/contracts and such. So many people in this thread and on this board easily explain the possible motivations in a very simple direct way that would be easy for a 10 year old to understand and only take a minute to explain on tv, but they don't. It's like the writers have no clue about actual sports. 

I don't know if they said the figure but I do think he was the highest paid athlete on SD! which says to me that he was a bit of a disappointment. He held the U.S. title for quite a while but never reached above that level.  It's like giving a QB a $100M+ contract but then he turns out to be Matt Ryan.

31 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know if they said the figure but I do think he was the highest paid athlete on SD! which says to me that he was a bit of a disappointment. He held the U.S. title for quite a while but never reached above that level.  It's like giving a QB a $100M+ contract but then he turns out to be Matt Ryan.

Or like paying Kaepernick 13 mil to collect dust on the bench...

2 hours ago, Roman said:

I'm a moron for still wanting Swagger to succeed, or at the very least return to his ECW champion days.

Just don't let him speak.

Swagger's promo reminded me of something I'm sure not many people ever saw, a moment in the criminally under-rated BALLS OF FURY which is a ping pong version of ENTER THE DRAGON

When the criminally under-rated Dan Fogler has his first match in the evil guy's mansion he thinks everyone is into him and jumps up and yells "HELLO FANG'S MAAAAAAANSION>..YYYYYYYEEEAAAHHH!!!!" with his arms in the air and the crowd is totally silent...and then he sort pauses and shuffles over to the table.

I have to describe it because that movie was such a flop you can't even find scenes on Youtube. But I don't go 72 hours without at some point in my car or in an elevator going "HELLO FANG'S MAAAAANSION>..YYYYYEEEAAHHHHH!!!!"

It's my go-to pump-myself-up.

• Like 3