DVDVR Message Board

SMACKDOWN LIVE IS JAMES M-Fing ELLSWORNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

piranesi

44 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I don't really get how the GM who worked his ass off to become champ in a clean way not liking the guy who cheats like a bastard makes the GM the heel. Especially when the guy who cheats was pretty shitty about the GM's injuries and continues to cheat like a bastard.

"THE HEELS ARE THE REAL FACES~!" is the Pepe of DVDVR memes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

JAMES ELLSWORTH GOT ANOTHER PAYDAY. SDL is once again the best show for the company, so many angles have meaning and reason, it's truly amazing.

You know that dick Shane will be like "Well, technically you didn't compete. You subcontracted out to The Miz, so you owe us a $200 transaction fee. Also that gauze in your mouth and those painkillers.  It's $379 total but we're friends, so you know what?  Let's just call it $375."

Still don't really get the Miz love. He's having a good run, but he absolutely should be the one eating a pin to the returning John Cena.

Cena was excellent and I loved him winning over the Philly crowd so huge. AJ is on top of his game, too, and Dean playing that tweener role was great.

Slater/Rhyno is wonderful, but you can already see them planting the seeds for the eventual gore. They have too much invested in Slater as the go-to goofball/jobber. It's a great position to be in, but he'll never get out of it.

Like Becky, but am bored shitless by the rest of the women's roster.

Orton-Bray is fast forward garbage. Fucking Jack Swagger belongs in TNA. I really enjoy a lot of Smackdown, but think it's top-heavy and would honestly rather be watching Raw.

By the way, were Miz's sun glasses Tully-esque?  

I don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but the No Mercy add being like a perfume commercial with Maryse makes me wonder how long they were keeping the spray to the face gimmick on hold for her.

Another good show for SDL. Cena  might have out Hoganed Hogan by weaseling his way back into a title shot coming off a clean loss to the current champ. I really liked the womens match, and thought that was the best Nikki has looked since her return. The eventual Becky/Nikki match should be great, and I have confidence in the SDL writing crew doing it justice. I'm just thinking how great an Asuka/Becky feud leading up to Mania would be, and I pretty much want all of my favorite NXT acts to go to SDL.

I'll you what they should do with D-Brine and Miz.  They show Bryan venting to his wife about Miz and saying he's going on a hike in the woods to clear his head and while in the woods he meets a bear so he signs that bear to a SD contract.  Then he brings that bear to Cena's house cause a bear can't sign a lease and he can't work without an address and a bear doesn't have any clothes so there's no hamper issues to worry about.  Then D-Brine grants that bear an IC title match and then that bear becomes your IC Champ and now that bear's got enough money to get a place of his own.  Straight cash, homie.  Now that bear's living the American dream, baby.

But this won't happen cause D-Brine's an incompetent GM otherwise he would've drafted a bear with SD's first pick.

1 minute ago, The Green Meanie said:

Also wasn't Curt Hawkins supposed to debut this week?

Ha, everybody already forgot about Curt Hawkins.  FACT

That opening segment was fire. I love all the dudes who are like "John Cena sucks!" which yeah it's part of the show now but I still love it when as soon as John Cena gets on the mic and cuts someone to shreds the same dudes start losing their shit lol. 

Cena is the fucking man, sometime recently everyone just said to hell with it and are now acknowledging his greatness.

• Like 3

Fun show, though I was watching the show on DVR and had the Ellsworth appearance and beating spoiled by the DVDVR twitter (Curses!).

I'd love to see Miz show up on Raw, sitting in the first row with Maryse and tell Felipe that since Bryan won't renegotiate his deal he's shopping his services to Steph/Mick.  It would be a neat little touch and a callback to the Monday Night War days (Hogan and Sable both debuted for WCW in crowd shots, IIRC).

Shane came off like such a heel in that Rhyno/Slater segment.  He just looked disdainful the whole time than was all too quick to grant a title shot to the Ascension.

Jack Swagger's debut was exciting but confusing by his promo (Jumping Jack Flash?).  Man, Mick Foley/Steph really dropped the ball on drafting a guy who only had a month/month and a half left on his contract.

You know what would be a fun little angle would be if Daniel Bryan came out and offered the runner-up a contract to be a regular on Smackdown, promising him a World Title shot if he signed with SD over Raw.  Then a the PPV after No Mercy you could do Cena-Ambrose, Miz-Joe(?), Orton-Bray and Styles-Ibushi/ZSJ or whomever.

Awesome SDL once again! I've preferred SDL most weeks but thought this week was way more enjoyable than Raw easily.

Really dug the Backlash recap intro, put over everything on the show as a big deal very well. Loved the opening segment with Cena and Ambrose throwing bombs at each other, already looking forward to No Mercy.  More good stuff from Miz and I'm glad Ziggler hasn't been quite lost in the shuffle yet. Continuing to love the SDL women's division. Alexa felt like the most logical challenger for Becky while the 5 way remained unpredictable and exciting with again everyone doing their part. Glad to see Swagger move to SDL to hopefully get a better chance here. Solid main event though was a bit disappointed in Miz taking the pin like that. Knew Ambrose would hit Dirty Deeds on Cena after but was surprised at what sounded like a lot of boos for it. This show rules.

• Like 1