DVDVR Message Board

Random stuff you remember that hardly anybody else does

BrianS81177

3 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

I believe it was Dynamite Kid who ended up giving LeDuc several Mickey's, which lead to some incident and his quick release.

He admits to doing this in his book. Because of course he did.

Did Dynamite and George have the same mickey source?

• Like 1

I recall Leduc losing a match on Prime Time Wrestling when he would not stop headbutting a jobber in the corner, ignoring the referee's count. It was the first time I ever saw a wrestler DQ'd for violating the five count.

He was also scheduled to appear at a Meadowlands house show I attended in the summer of 1988. He was listed as one of the wrestlers competing in a battle royal where the winner would get a title shot against Randy Savage at the end of the night (Ted DiBiase won by paying off The Bolsheviks to eliminate themselves). Leduc was not there -- believe he was booked against Scott Casey, but WWF brought back the Iron Sheik as a sub. Outside of DiBiase working three matches (Savage, battle royal and Muraco), it was not a memorable show.

I remember watching an old Nitro years ago (pre network) and Glacier fought Pat Tanaka. The strangest thing was hearing Pat Tanaka come out to Goldberg's theme, and realizing that one of WCW's most iconic themes was literally stock music.

To confirm this just now, I'm quite sure I just became the first person to enter "Glacier vs. Pat Tanaka" into the WWE network search engine. You can be the second if you don't believe me.

Edited by Go2Sleep
  • Haha 1

Basically any good WCW theme was stock music from somewhere. Jimmy Hart’s were terrible lol! I’d heard Goldberg’s theme here and there over the years. It’s another 1 of the little reasons I was never on his bandwagon. It wasn’t the main reason or anything, but it sure didn’t help.

• Like 1

When Dawn Marie first showed up in ECW, she was there to replace/ feud with Tammy Sytch. Dawn Marie's ring name at the time was Tammy Lynn Bytch.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Dewar said:

Benoit's WCW music was also featured in Bad Girls: Lockdown. Please do not google this, definitely NSFW. ?

That had to be one of the biggest disconnects for a wrestler and his theme music. The theme they gave "Rock Rock Till You Drop, Rock Rock Never Stop" Marty Jannetty in 1998 would have been perfect for Benoit.

24 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Holy fucking shit. 

Ranger Danger wasn't associated with the WWF. He was a TV personality on the Albany, NY FOX Affiliate, if you look closely you'll see the microphone says FOX 23 on it. He did a ton of dumb skits like that in the early to mid 1990s in the mornings and afternoons, when Fox was showing kid programming. He was a radio DJ who was charged with DWI, and doing Ranger Danger was his community service.

Edited by Mike Campbell
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

Ranger Danger wasn't associated with the WWF. He was a TV personality on the Albany, NY FOX Affiliate, if you look closely you'll see the microphone says FOX 23 on it. He did a ton of dumb skits like that in the early to mid 1990s in the mornings and afternoons, when Fox was showing kid programming. He was a radio DJ who was charged with DWI, and doing Ranger Danger was his community service.

Wow...I distinctly remember a Razor Ramon vs. Double J match on a Coliseum Video with RD in Razors corner...