DVDVR Message Board

Random stuff you remember that hardly anybody else does

BrianS81177

1 hour ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I was actually at the Raw where that promo happened.  "You're the PUSHERMAN.  You're the enabler!"

I was also at the SmackDown where Heidenreich raped Michael Cole. 

Were you present for Katie Vick?  "Cause, if so, you're the triple crown champion of..... something.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2016 at 0:03 PM, twiztor said:

Hawk DID actually say that he got the stuff from Droz. i believe that happened on Raw, it got referenced on Shotgun and maybe Heat, and then never mentioned again.

Ah ok. I couldn't remember if he said anything about it or not.

2 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Were you present for Katie Vick?  "Cause, if so, you're the triple crown champion of..... something.

No, but I was there for Kane Tombstoning Shane on the ring steps.  That's something.  I think I "missed out" on the jumper cables to the balls by a week or two.

34 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Anybody else remember the WWF trying to get Dick Slater over as a babyface with the name "Rebel" Dick Slater?

Yup. It was during that time in 86-87 when loads of Mid South/ UWF guys went to WWF. They had Slater waving a confederate flag on the way to the ring in front of mainly Northern crowds. It was bonkers.

9 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

Anybody else remember the WWF trying to get Dick Slater over as a babyface with the name "Rebel" Dick Slater?

I doubt they were trying.  His lone SNME appearance where Muraco and Fuji completely destroy him in the pre-match proves my point.

If anything, the only push he got was where he got WAY too much offense on Jake Roberts (and actually pinned him but Danny Davis was the ref) And that was after SNME.  Vince just took him so no one else could have him and then literally paid him so he'd look more washed up later.

On 10/8/2016 at 1:15 AM, sydneybrown said:

If anything, the only push he got was where he got WAY too much offense on Jake Roberts (and actually pinned him but Danny Davis was the ref) And that was after SNME.  Vince just took him so no one else could have him and then literally paid him so he'd look more washed up later.

On 10/3/2016 at 9:12 AM, Vader does my taxes! said:

Yep, Kaz went back to Japan after WCW folded and joined AJPW.  He was their cruiserweight ace for most of the decade.  He made one appearance in the WWE after Vince bought them out.

Kaz was initially assigned to HWA while under WWF contract. He requested and received a release when Mutoh took over AJPW.

13 hours ago, AxB said:

Remember when NXT was like this:

Incredible.

The most incredible thing is that Vince thought anyone wanted to watch that.  Without the nostalgic "Hey, look there's .... before he became famous", that segment is brutal.

• Like 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

For some reason, my brain has retained this thought from 1993 about the time Repo Man showed up with an entirely new outfit and pushing that he put a bounty on himself for whoever could remove his new mask. And I could have sworn I was hallucinating because he never showed up with that outfit again.

Then I found this picture set and everything in my life made sense again.

repo%20man_zpsresfyq8v.jpg

I find it interesting that it looks like Repo is wrestling one of the Beverly Brothers in the bottom left picture judging by the purple and white tights. The referee in those pics looks to be Bill Alfonso. I've seen it quite a bit, but it's still funny to see pre-ECW Fonzie.

• Like 1