DVDVR Message Board

RAW 9/5 is The Kevin Owens Show!

Dolfan in NYC

Benoit/Booker had Benoit having a 3-1 lead and Booker winning 3 straight to win the series

Normal booking is usually the "heel" to be up 3-1 and the face to at least force 7

Piss and Vinegar Tweener Seth Rollins is way more badass than Chicken Shit Heel Seth Rollins.  Booking has finally found this man his niche.  That doesn't mean that I want him to beat Kevin for the title, though.  Seth needs to go full hybrid Tito Santana vs. Greg Valentine / Positively Kanyon and start mauling anyone in arms reach with Pedigrees to send a message to HHH.

They should just pull the trigger on the sweep, but I have a feeling that Cesaro will win the next match.

I figured that the tweet was a work and that Sasha's promo was a set-up for a title match.  I hate club-footed booking. 

Charlotte / Bayley was a fun match.  Bayley sells better than most of the roster and Charlotte really has heeled her way into my heart.  The right person went over, but hopefully they don't make it a habit of jobbing Charlotte clean whenever they need to build up someone new.  Bayley is finally putting a little somethin' somethin' on that finisher of hers.  That was one of the better Belly to Belly Suplexes she's thrown.

There is not enough love in this thread for the Bo Dallas squash.   I hate the Roll of the Dice finisher but I am digging the new zero fucks given mean spirit. I hope that Bo worked light because quite a few of those knees looked really stiff to me.

Owens / Sami was Owens / Sami.  It was a good match but I didn't expect anything monumental.  I am a bit bummed that this match did more for the narrative of KO as Champ than it did to elevate Sami as an upper mid-card guy.   I think they are missing the boat on selling the former friends angle and pushing Zayn as a title contender, but obviously Finn, Roman, and Rollins are higher in the pecking order.

My love affair with Enzo and Cass is done.  The fucking crowd knows their schtick line-for-line..

Why put the Cruiserweights on RAW when it is Smackdown that needs the most help?.

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Benoit/Booker had Benoit having a 3-1 lead and Booker winning 3 straight to win the series

Normal booking is usually the "heel" to be up 3-1 and the face to at least force 7

IIRC, Stevie Ray interfered in one of the matches and Booker said he didn't want to win that way, so they had an 8th match. 

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

IIRC, Stevie Ray interfered in one of the matches and Booker said he didn't want to win that way, so they had an 8th match. 

Bret also interfered in one of the matches to help out Benoit and Benoit turned down that victory.

God, the only reason the KO / Rollins dynamic works so well is because Roman is not there to fuck things up with real heat.  

Rusev picked a helluva time to get hitched and put the angle with Reigns on hold.

The worst part about the Old Day segment was that New Day was one of the acts the crowd was most hyped for. They were getting lots of chants pre-show, then they show up, and that's what we got.

That said, I'd probably pick that over fake retirement angles and shit like "did Owens know he was booked to win?" trying to work the internet.

Not crazy about the Roman stipulation either, since they did the exact same thing with the last SD title match. I'm pretty sure Owens will cheat to win and we'll get Roman/Jericho at the Clash.

If Rusev is gone until after the clash that really sucks and the commercial for the clash was saying that all the titles would be defended. With the women's title,  I'm thinking now Charlotte retains against Sasha,  Bayley beats Charlotte and then her best friend Sasha turns Boss on her and rekindles their rivalry.  Problem with that is Charlotte must be in every major women's story on RAW right? Would they allow her to move into a secondary feud?

14 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Problem with that is Charlotte must be in every major women's story on RAW right? Would they allow her to move into a secondary feud?

They appear to be planting seeds for Dana to turn on her. I don't know that the crowd will buy that specifically--I don't see her as being ready for a babyface singles run, personally--but eventually they're going to need to build depth in the division beyond various Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley permutations. (And maybe they're taking a step towards doing this, with Fox/Jax. Summer is still around. I think. Maybe?) As has been noted elsewhere and often, Smackdown has done a much better job of making the entire division look credible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Yo...that Old Day segment was terrible.  Sasha Banks is terrible.  That promo was so awful.  Kevin Owens is so great.  Can;t wait for the cruisers.  

This man knows what he wants, and likes what he likes.  Succinct and to the point.

5 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

I think Sasha is proof that physical charisma is very different from verbal charisma

Sasha is fine on the mic. She just lost her character. The mean streak that made her so much fun is gone.  She's just a magenta haired wrestler who has above-average matches.

The fake retirement has already been done to death and works better when a prick heel is screwing with the crowd.

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Bret claims everyone said it was the best and most believable run-in anyone's ever seen. 

Goldberg tried a run in a few weeks later but it was more of a skip and he ended up injuring villano II. and silver king. Nobody ever taught him the right way to run in. He shouldn't have been out there. 

1 hour ago, Beech27 said:

They appear to be planting seeds for Dana to turn on her. I don't know that the crowd will buy that specifically--I don't see her as being ready for a babyface singles run, personally--but eventually they're going to need to build depth in the division beyond various Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley permutations. (And maybe they're taking a step towards doing this, with Fox/Jax. Summer is still around. I think. Maybe?) As has been noted elsewhere and often, Smackdown has done a much better job of making the entire division look credible.

When is Emma supposed to be back?  I would much rather see her defending Dana's honor than a Dana/Charlotte program.

I think Emma is sooner rather than later as she had started upping her smack talk on social media towards the other women.

They also put her on the hottest FA list.

And speaking of that hottest FA list - Luke Harper was on it and supposedly he is going to the PC this week to see if he will be medically cleared

I liked the Sasha segment just fine. I don't get why people are saying this was a fake retirement angle. When was that ever hinted at? It was announced a few weeks ago Sasha didn't need surgery so how did it go from that to people thinking it was a retirement angle for someone who just got a good checkup two weeks ago?

So much bullshit on this show from Cass being the most over guy in the main event last week to losing to jobbers, to Stroman winning by count out instead of getting the pin, to giving away Bayley/Charlotte with no build two weeks into Bayley's MR run, to rewriting the recent history of Sami winning the feud with KO in a great blowoff match. Just a bunch of dog shit based on what I've seen and heard. That doesn't even take into account the Old Day segment which I caught in progress and could tell after two seconds was all time bad. Steph and Mick are an instant channel change.

• Like 1

Who caught that Sasha's Twitter handle was Sasha Broken Banks?

I wasn't sure if she was giving props to Matt Hardy or if she was merely elaborating on her uncanny ability to land on her neck at unnatural angles.

• Like 2