DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL: WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

I'll be honest. I didn't expect the Pats to be doing this well. but the Cardinals are playing right into their hands. Unless you have Denver-like D-line that can get pressure without sending too many, you have to beat the Patriots by confusing them with zones (keeping the receiver and the ball in front of you), not blitzing and hoping that your guys can make plays in man coverage)

edit: And I'm sure that some folks will be pointing to how good Jimmy G is doing and saying "See? This proves it's the system, not Brady". It's both 

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

GIANTS WIN BECAUSE TERRENCE WILLIAMS IS AN IDIOT!!!!

I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!

So does my significant other.  Now if the Steelers can kick the shit out of the Redskins tonight, I'll be able to enjoy my week, too.

Fucking Ravens and Bengals won, so the pressure is ON!

In the least shocking news of the day RG3 hurt his shoulder because he didn't slide.  And then went on twitter saying 'Through it all, trust God's timing.'

I had hoped he could at least be somewhat successful in Cleveland despite the situation, because in retrospect who knows exactly what happened in DC and a fresh start would probably be the best.  But if he still wants to be the same kind of player and not try to really learn, he's going to be done by the end of the season.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

I swear, Belichick has a gold plated-four-leaf-clover embroidered horseshoe when it comes to clock management at that stadium. First the Super Bowl, and now that. Wow.

Doesn't make up for the helmet catch :(

Perfectly competent start for young Jimmy.

14 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

RGIII is officially out for the season with a broken shoulder, according to numerous sources.

The Browns have placed him on IR designated for return. But he is out a minimum of 8 weeks.

• Like 1

The Browns are pretty clearly tanking, and RG3 wasn't going to help them win games even if healthy. This is probably the worst roster they've had ever, including the expansion year. They took a flier on a dude who had one great season, and it didn't work out. 

The number of articles published today about how the Browns should've taken Wentz are staggering. People are dumb.

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I'm just happy Brock Osweiler didn't shit the bed. And Will Fuller?! 5 receptions for 107 yards and a TD! Just imagine how good he'll be when he learns how to catch!

Look how good Kelvin Benjamin is as well and he can't catch either!

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I understand why they boxed the upper deck of the stadium because nobody was buying them but it is always hilarious that they are so many different colors and looks terrible 

It takes a special kind of brilliance to take a team whose tickets were once literally impossible to get and mismanage them to the point they have to reduce capacity because those seats aren't selling.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sabremike said:

It takes a special kind of brilliance to take a team whose tickets were once literally impossible to get and mismanage them to the point they have to reduce capacity because those seats aren't selling.

Well that was when the team still played in RFK.  I refuse to believe that the so-called waiting list was actually valid once they moved to Fed Ex.