DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL: WEEK ONE

Dolfan in NYC

Am I the only one who thinks that Carson Wentz will turn out to be a "made of glass" frequently injured QB like Sam Bradford?

I mean, I know it was only one broken rib during his first pre-season game, but I fully expect Wentz to go out on a stretcher from a seemingly innocious hit against the Browns on Sunday.

I think the Bills will be on their usual bubble, somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. There are probably ten or so teams that I'd classify in that way, each year there are just a couple injuries or a couple close calls that decide which are the lucky few that make the playoffs.

I like everyone else will be watching NE closely. This isn't like the Cassel year, I don't think NE is as complete a team now as they were then and I am not sure what will end up happening. If they go 1-3, its going to give them an uphill battle. But if they end up 2-2 or better I don't think it will matter in the long run, except cost them home field.

Time to bring my annual curse. The Buffalo Bills will win the East and go to the Superb Owl, only to be crushed 52-7 by the Minnesota Vikings. There, double curse.

14 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I like everyone else will be watching NE closely. This isn't like the Cassel year, I don't think NE is as complete a team now as they were then and I am not sure what will end up happening. If they go 1-3, its going to give them an uphill battle. But if they end up 2-2 or better I don't think it will matter in the long run, except cost them home field.

2-2 is what I'm hoping for, not too big a hole to dig out of.  Anything better will be a massive bonus.  4-0 and there will be calls for Jimmy to stay on as starter...

1 hour ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I guess those foolish bastards couldn't count and didn't realize how many more TD passes 50 was than 21.

1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

We still went 11-5!

(Which is a 5 game drop from 16-0)

Any Patriots fan that isn't shitting it for when Sir Tom finally hangs them up/gets old yellered doesn't appreciate how truly majestic he is.  They don't love him like I do.

The continuing irony.

When Brady retires, the Patriots will panic thinking it's 30+ years ago and draft Tony Eason's son Jacob Eason who QBs for Georgia right now. I wonder if Steve Grogan has any sons in the sport. He's the other Tony Eason's son by the way, they won't care.

Mods, please delete the above thread, I hate the quote system on this board.

Ahem, anyways, this has easily been the weakest year of "Why Your Team Sucks" articles on Drew Magary's part.  The fan letters have been hilarious, but next year Drew needs to either farm out the actual columns to professional comedy writers, or just stick to the fan letter part with no input from himself.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2016 at 7:14 PM, supremebve said:

I know it is early, and odds are Bradford doesn't know the Viking's offense, but he's listed as the back up on their depth chart.

The Vikings only have two quarterbacks on the active roster.

Which, now that I think about it, might be exactly the point you were making.

12 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Tony Romo is the dumbest son of a bitch alive if he doesn't just retire.

Let's be conservative and say he has a mere $30 million in the bank. You are not winning a Superbowl in Dallas. Your back is done.

Go home.

This assumes Romo wouldn't whore himself out to some other pseudo-contender. I mean next season is the first one where the Cowboys can actually save money by shedding his contract. Jerry admitting Romo won't win a Super Bowl in Dallas will be the issue there.

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I tried to Google and find a TV Coverage map for this week. Either I'm done, or one doesn't exist yet. I kept getting routed to 506 sports.

They don't appear to be out yet - 506 says it will post them today

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I tried to Google and find a TV Coverage map for this week. Either I'm done, or one doesn't exist yet. I kept getting routed to 506 sports.

I thought they always come out on Wednesday at the earliest. I don't think I have ever seen one before then.

16 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Tony Romo is the dumbest son of a bitch alive if he doesn't just retire.

Let's be conservative and say he has a mere $30 million in the bank. You are not winning a Superbowl in Dallas. Your back is done.

Go home.

The same mentality that got him from being undrafted to a long time starter is the mentality that will make him keep going. 

Fly out to Jacksonville Saturday morning for my annual Packers away game. Might hit up Redskins this year as well since it is only an hour drive.

The Eagles tight end corp. all have names that sound like WWF jobbers circa 1988:

*DING DING DING*

Mel Phillips: The following contest is a 3-against-1 handicap match, it is set for one fall.  Currently in the ring, at a combined weight of 780 pounds, the team of Brent Celek, Zach Ertz, and Trey Burton!

Mel Phillips: Their opponent, to be led to the ring by Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, from Grenoble, in the French Alps....

• Like 5