DVDVR Message Board

UFC 203: Miočić vs. Overeem (9/10/2016) - Cleveland, OH (Quicken Loans Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

There's so many other better gyms and camps out there. I don't understand the hold that Edmond has on Ronda, and now Browne. Fucking go anywhere else.

Or is it that their crazy matches up with Edmond's crazy?

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

the internet is a crazy place.

huntor.png

In that picture HHH looks like the ref in the Werdum vs. Browne fight.

Just now, Craig H said:

There's so many other better gyms and camps out there. I don't understand the hold that Edmond has on Ronda, and now Browne. Fucking go anywhere else.

Maybe! What's actually funny in her book she talks about in Judo how she left her gym when she learned all so could from them and how you need to do that to improve even if it's hard. She doesn't seem to see that Edmond is hurting her more then helping her.

36 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Man, I have openly talked about how fat and out of shape I am. If you couldn't figure out I wasn't being serious, that's on you for not reading the room properly.

Good on Punk for giving it a go, but some dreams just aren't meant to become reality.  He's 36 years old, was never known for his athleticism, and had to learn everything from scratch when almost anyone he faced was going to have years in the game ahead of him.  That's like me trying to become a pro tennis player to take on Serena Williams.  Sure, I can make the effort.  But that's all I would be doing.  Because I sure ain't going to win.

Just looking at that photo makes me wince.  Punk's ear looks like it was chewed on by a Rottweiler. 

I admire determination, but I also admire knowing one's limits.  Good on Mr. Brooks for having the moxy for going after this.  And may he never do it ever again.

Serena? More like a slightly above average, young pro tennis player who is like 5 or 6 years from their physical prime.

28 minutes ago, Craig H said:

He gets people believing that he is that effective at changing their game. Problem is they're either overly aggressive or just so goddamn passive. Browne was alright when he was with Alliance briefly. Then, he got a little better when he was at Jackson's. Then, he took a big decline while under Edmond.

He was a decent boxing coach in Southern Cali for all the Team Hayastan boxers for a few years. Now, he is the head coach for a chinless, well well past his prime Vic Darchinyan and a few lower level Armenian boxing prospects. As an MMA coach? Yeah, he is basically dollar store Firas Zahabi/Mark Dellagrotte.

• Like 1