DVDVR Message Board

The Saturday Night Live thread

ChesterCopperpot

I just thought Hammond's mic wasn't turned up loud enough.  They don't do the opening credits audio live each week do they?  I just assumed it wasn't mixed well & thought the audio fell as flat as the drab new graphics.  Figured maybe they were just going for the understated vibe.

Did anybody catch last night's episode? I went into it not expecting much because I've never really cared for Sarah Silverman that much, but damn if I didn't laugh at just about every sketch. It just felt like it had an edge to it that I haven't seen in a while, particularly the Whites sketch, and I haven't laughed that much at Weekend Update in a while.

Supportive Women was my favorite skit from this episode.

Not that it's a huge drawback, but what's with the cue card mess-ups being so frequent? Early season kinks or relying too much on the script and not allowing any sort of improv?

On that topic, Dane Cook was the guest on last week's Sklar brothers podcast.  Obviously they talked a lot about the Louie CK controversy.  The Sklars said they had also been accused of stealing jokes.  It seems this isn't a unique situation.

Is this parallel construction?  I don't know.

Sad. She was a part of the cast from when I first started regularly watching the show in my early teens. I still think the 1987-90 cast is one of the best:

Dana Carvey

Nora Dunn

Phil Hartman

Jan Hooks

Victoria Jackson

Jon Lovitz

Dennis Miller

Kevin Nealon

with Mike Myers being added in 1990

• Like 2

Sad. She was a part of the cast from when I first started regularly watching the show in my early teens. I still think the 1987-90 cast is one of the best:

Dana Carvey

Nora Dunn

Phil Hartman

Jan Hooks

Victoria Jackson

Jon Lovitz

Dennis Miller

Kevin Nealon

with Mike Myers being added in 1990

That was a dynamite cast.

I'm very late to the game on this, but I loved Jan Hooks. She and Gilda Radner are the two best female performers in the show's history IMO. Just totally bummed.