DVDVR Message Board

The Saturday Night Live thread

ChesterCopperpot

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Mulaney's ep was incredible. Everything hit its mark (Bodega Bathroom! Mulaney pledged Kappa Alpha Psi at Howard!) and the one bit you'd expect to die because live TV was a hit just for McKinnon and Bryant ad-libbing an entirely new routine on the fly while DESPERATELY trying not to laugh. A+++++++, would watch again.

Yeah I think he's a big meat boy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I generally just watch youtube clips. I like what I've seen of Sandler's episode os far. That Farley tribute was amazing and definitely the type of thing to make a person get dusty eyed, especially if they were watching back then.

• 1 month later...

Alec Baldwin confirmed in an interview he's over playing the President and won't return next season.  

The rest of us have been over it since 2016, but sure. 

Its been interesting thinking with the emergence of Bill Hader abd Barry doing so well that maybe next season he might comeback to host... then you watch all the press he's been doing and how much he hates doing a live show that the odds of that happening are... slimm

James

5 hours ago, J.H. said:

Its been interesting thinking with the emergence of Bill Hader abd Barry doing so well that maybe next season he might comeback to host... then you watch all the press he's been doing and how much he hates doing a live show that the odds of that happening are... slimm

James

He's hosted and done several sketches since he's left, so I don't think it's a problem. He just deals with it and does his job.

• Like 1

I knew he came back for some cameos but forgot he hosted. I'm not the SNL watcher I used to be so I've been going back and rewatching his stuff. When he does a game show host he tends to take it dark and it is always funny. His Vincent Price is amazing, even better than Proops version!

James

I watched "What's Wrong With Tanya?" from the Anna Farris episode and woke the baby because I was laughing so hard. I love the Vincent Price holiday specials because his version of Price just wants people to show up and be fucking professional butr the guests he gets guarantee that isn't going to happen

James

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why attack Chris Gethard of all comedians? He's supposedly a class act and incredibly nice. There wasn't even anything comedic in the podcast clips. It was just two racist guys having a terrible conversation together and making jokes and observations that were tired 20 years ago.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, brocklock said:

Why attack Chris Gethard of all comedians?

I haven’t watched the clip, but it it possible he doesn’t like Gethard’s brother’s wrestling opinions?

Edited by EVA
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, brocklock said:

Why attack Chris Gethard of all comedians? He's supposedly a class act and incredibly nice. There wasn't even anything comedic in the podcast clips. It was just two racist guys having a terrible conversation together and making jokes and observations that were tired 20 years ago.

XXX

Edited by Greggulator
  • Like 10