DVDVR Message Board

The Saturday Night Live thread

ChesterCopperpot

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly, the UFO sketch wasn't that great as written. The concept was decent, but overall kind of fell flat. However, Kate McKinnon's performance and the cast breaking put it over the top.

And I thought Gosling was very wooden and looked extremely nervous throughout the first half of the show (check out the difference between his and Mike Myers's body language in the monologue) , but finally loosened up a bit by the time he did the bit on Weekend Update. And his Scarecrow in The Wiz was pretty great.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, why were they really booing Bruce Springsteen off the stage?

I googled that question and all I could find were people saying they didn't boo, they loudly yelled "BRUUUUCE", which I'm still not sure was a joke or a serious answer.

I'm definitely not an expert on Springsteen, though. I was also wondering, why the guy from the Sopranos was on stage with Springsteen and I had to google that as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I think I might have to give David as Sanders the slight edge over Fey as Palin in the "political impersonation of the decade" scales.

Fey is utterly amazing, but most of the time she's literally just repeating the stuff Palin actually says.  There's not that much space for parody.

David is great and they have to work at it a bit.

See: Bern Your Enthusiasm.   

Hell, it was probably sketch of the decade. Adam Driver did a great job making Kylo Ren hilarious. 

Someone pointed out that Ren as Matt the Radar Technician is basically Napoleon Dynamite and I can't get it out of my head now.  

• 1 month later...

If you liked the Tidal skit, I'd suggest checking out her bit on Jimmy Fallon on Youtube. I think it's more fun because she's singing shit like Wheels on The Bus as Aguilera