DVDVR Message Board

The Saturday Night Live thread

ChesterCopperpot

15 hours ago, Pete said:
  • People who say the show isn't funny anymore or that they won't have any material to work with now that Trump is out of office can take a flying leap.

The funniest stuff they've done the past few years usually didn't involve him at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2021 at 8:40 AM, Pete said:

I cannot- CANNOT believe R-Truth didn't show up at all last night, much less run in on Bunny's second number while he literally wore the 24/7 title.

I was hoping that R-Truth would jump Bunny at the Grammys but it did not happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Low-key one of my favorite sketches in a long time. Hilarious, sweetly charming and full of heart. Last night was a really strong show as everything they tried had something going for it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I was the only person in the world that recognized Grimes as Princess Peach in the Wario on Trial sketch.

I'm still trying to figure out why SNL didn't get Grimes to perform on the episode where her baby daddy was the host.  Miley Cyrus?  Really?

Edited by J.T.

Miley is putting out a new singles now. She was last seen performing at the Super Bowl.   She's roughly 700,000x more popular than Grimes.

Grimes' last record was from more than a year ago. Since then she has given birth to a coupon code.

That's probably why. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Miley is putting out a new singles now. She was last seen performing at the Super Bowl.   She's roughly 700,000x more popular than Grimes.

Grimes' last record was from more than a year ago. Since then she has given birth to a coupon code.

That's probably why. 

I was just thinking that Grimes might've been cheaper to get that Miley.

I thought she was the mother to a no clip game cheat?

The writer says he was parodying social media tropes, which others say it actually "African-American Venacular English."

Which us old folks remember as called something else. 

Edited by odessasteps

Cecily has been one of the best most consistent performers on the show. Sad to see her go if that's the case. Me and my wife still quote her Girl At a PArty You wish You Hadn't Started a Conversation With. 

This seemed like the first season they were actually using Davidson outside of an occasional appearance or pre-filmed bit.  Guess Hollywood is calling. 

Also, for those who didn't see, Lil Nas X had a little problem during his performance of "Call Me By Your Name":

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...