DVDVR Message Board

Scenes that make you weep like a baby

Jerome Miller

16 hours ago, MADCAP said:

Goddammit...

This is pretty much the closest I get to bawling like a baby from a movie.  I'm not an overly emotional guy, I honestly don't remember the last time I cried outside of a funeral, but this scene breaks my heart every single time.

On 9/3/2016 at 10:44 AM, StuntmanCrowley said:

Amazing sequence

the end of Big Fish.  I was going through some real rough patches and my dad was helping me out more than I could be thankful for, so when I saw that movie and end....jesus, it absolutely murdered me.

Big Fish is the perfect father and son movie.

• Like 1

The Wire Season 4- Sergeant Carver in the hospital saying he'll look out for Randy after his mom gets badly burned only for Randy to turn on him and shout at him as Carver walks away

Also the follow up scene later on in the series where Carver drops him off at a group foster home, returns to his car and loses it.

Mary and Max made me upset in entirely the wrong way. Beautifully made film but the ending was so mean spirited and unfair that it totally broke me. Well made film but I sold my copy because no way will I sit through it again.

Kamen Rider Fourze got me a few times, mostly with 

Kengo's death and specifically the scene where they're hearing his will and he calls Gen 'Gentaro' for the first time.

Stories of really intense friendship and love get me.

On 9/4/2016 at 6:30 PM, piranesi said:

I know the ending of Requiem for a Dream is an obvious one, but it's not the ending that gets me.  It's Ellen Burstyn's earlier monolog, in part because while I don't particularly identify with being young and beautiful and addicted to heroin, I can identify with seeing people go through being old and ignored and just...having nothing and no one left to live for...and can imagine that it's coming for me.  It's coming for us all.

Her speech makes such a great point about addiction. Yeah, we always tell addicts: "Stop all this! You have so much to live for!"

For Jennifer Connelly and Jared Leto's characters, that was true. They were young. They had it all ahead of them.

But as Ellen Burstyn's character points out shrewdly: "I don't though, do I?" She needed a reason to get clean. She simply couldn't find one. 

I don't have the ability to view or post clips from work , but while there are plenty of scenes that make me weep, the most intense is from Dear Frankie, where Frankie says the only words he directly speaks in the movie : "Are you coming back?" Made even more intense from Gerard Butler's expression in the earlier scene where Lizzie tells him, "Frankie wasn't born deaf. It was a present from his dad."

On 9/10/2016 at 0:24 PM, Gonzo said:

Not sure how we've gotten this far without this one, but I'm here to. . .well, not "help," I guess.

Didn't they retcon it in later seasons?

But, yes, this ending is absolutely horrifying.

It was always reminded me of how melancholy my dad's dog got when he died.  

The loyalty a dog can have to its master is truly astounding to watch. 

4 hours ago, Reed said:

Didn't they retcon it in later seasons?

But, yes, this ending is absolutely horrifying.

It was always reminded me of how melancholy my dad's dog got when he died.  

The loyalty a dog can have to its master is truly astounding to watch. 

I'm not sure if they did or not. . .but yeah, Fry saying that "he forgot about me a long time ago" followed by the montage of Seymour waiting for him does it to me every time.