DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] SEPTEMBER 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

Eddie Kingston was Dean Ambrose while Dean Ambrose was playing a 1996 Triple H gimmick in Chikara.   Solid wrestler and an incredible talker.  If he can stay healthy and control himself (never one to hold his tongue) you would be crazy not to use him

How dare none of us see 2.0 (or I guess 3.0 now) in the picture.  Had one of the most entertaining squash matches in NXT against the Revival.  

Man a women's division with Heidi Lovelace, Kimber Lee, and Shayna Baszler already with Ember and Asuka sounds great.  

I am a big fan of Baszler for the progress she has made pretty quickly in her career, she's limited but as long as you do one thing really well you can lean on that while you learn other aspects. She'd probably need six months or so of training in WWE style as I doubt they'd let her go full Brock Lesnar (I don't mean just suplexing people and winning, but going full 'unbeatable' MMA fighter) so she'd probably have to learn a few things.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Play Spot The Indy Worker (Kimber Lee is in there)

CtiXh9aXgAA9hob.jpg

Is that Tommy End in the blue shirt standing behind the girl in the pink?  IIRC, last week's Progress show was the last indy booking for he, Gallagher, and Ciampa.

Kingston looks pretty fit in the picture from the article.  If he's healthy and keeps himself in check (from what I understand he's had issues with his temper and other personal demons) then his intensity could really help him break out.

23 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Man a women's division with Heidi Lovelace, Kimber Lee, and Shayna Baszler already with Ember and Asuka sounds great. 

Agreed, I'm surprised they didn't raid Shimmer a little sooner. They desperately need some women who know how to work, not just for credible programs with Asuka, but to help the prospects like Aliyah and Mandy as well. I also really liked what I saw from Nicole Savoy at the Heart of Shimmer tournament Mania weekend. The only person they're missing that I've wanted to see in WWE for a couple years now is Nicole Matthews, who I have to assume just isn't interested. She'd be a perfect fit for what NXT has been doing with the women's division.

On the Dusty Classic front, I love the Itami/Ibushi team. It takes me back 9 years (man, time flies) to that awesome KENTA/Ishimori vs. Marufuji/Ibushi NOAH Jr tag league finals.

6 hours ago, Craig H said:

That's exactly what I was wondering!

Also, I can't spot Tommy End, unless that's him in the blue shirt.

That's not Tommy End. Also he was already signed months ago, why would he be at the try-out?

6 hours ago, The Z said:

That's not Tommy End. Also he was already signed months ago, why would he be at the try-out?

At the time, I thought even if you're recently signed, you had to show up. After I asked that about Tommy, I saw Meltzer say that Strong wasn't required to go. At that point I figured that Tommy probably wasn't either.

I think they could do something special with Tommy, but they could very easily fuck him up by making him another Wyatt family member. It will be interesting to see what they do with him. He's got a great personality, looks good in the ring, but I could see Vince or others thinking his body looks too soft.  

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

At the time, I thought even if you're recently signed, you had to show up. After I asked that about Tommy, I saw Meltzer say that Strong wasn't required to go. At that point I figured that Tommy probably wasn't either.

I think they could do something special with Tommy, but they could very easily fuck him up by making him another Wyatt family member. It will be interesting to see what they do with him. He's got a great personality, looks good in the ring, but I could see Vince or others thinking his body looks too soft.  

Well, Tommy was probably at a previous one. I don't think they make all of them public like this one. It often takes a long time from someone being told they are going to be signed until they actually report to the perfomance center. I think one of the owners of wXw said in Q&A recently he knew since around March that Tommy would be leaving.

In the case of Roderick Strong, he's probably a big enough name to not have to go through a try-out like this one.

I think Tommy End can do very well, if they just let him be himself. He's pretty unique in pretty much every regard from looks to wrestling style etc.

• Like 1

Hugo Knox has been released

By Mike Johnson on 2016-09-30 17:18:00
In what was described to PWInsider as a "mutually agreed upon decision", WWE has released NXT performer Stuart Tomlinson aka Hugo Knox, 31.  Knox had not worked a match for the brand since this past August.

Knox, a former soccer goalkeeper from Great Britain, had been signed to a WWE developmental deal in December 2013.  He had not been a featured regular on the NXT TV series.

• RIPPA unpinned and locked this topic