DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] SEPTEMBER 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

Well they were right that all of them did have at least a decent amount of success in NXT after that video was made. Graves did it by becoming their flagship announcer instead of as a wrestler, but close enough.

I'm impressed that they picked Sasha and Bayley out of the women over Charlotte, Paige, or Emma who looked like safer picks circa Arrival.

So is/should NXT stop doing Full Sail Takeovers and just concentrate on doing the quarterly Takeovers at the Big 4 PPV sites?  Seems like it gives them more time to build story-lines while a the same time be able to showcase new talent which I think has been a weakness in the last year.

• Like 2

No, the spacing isn't right. You'd have quick turnarounds between Survivor Series, The Rumble, and Mania, and then you'd have excruciatingly long gaps before and after Summer Slam. Throw Full Sail a bone with at least one TO in May. I can see why they'd hold off this go around since they have so many new wrestlers they need to build, but generally speaking, I think it upsets their flow. I think an ideal TO timeline would be something like

• Mid October (Full Sail)
  • Mid Dec/Early Jan (International)
  • Late Mar/Early Apr (Mania)
  • Late May/Early June (Full Sail)
  • Mid August (Summer Slam)

Anyone know what software they're using for the titan trons? It's pretty generic (I think they use the same template for Roode and Angelo Dawkins) and I wonder if they're just pumping them out since it's just developmental and things can change.

10 hours ago, nofuture said:

How much could this show draw with Nakamura, Itami, Asuka and Ibushi?

Looks like they're running Edion Arena (the erstwhile Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium), which seats 8000. I'd be shocked if they didn't sell out unless there was some serious competition that night.  

EDIT: HA! DDT has them booked the same night! 

EDIT #2: NXT is actually December 3, so no promotional battle that night. 

11 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Is Tozawa a particular draw?

Not per se but it goes back to the point of them loading up on all the Japanese folks they have in development.

I mean I don't think Emma is a draw in Australia but it isn't like they weren't trotting her out their front and center on those tours