DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] SEPTEMBER 2016 DISCUSSION THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

Some notes from tonights tapings:

Dusty Classic is back. I think it starts on 10/6 but it might be the 29th of September. First round matches so far are Authors of Pain vs Bollywood boys, TM61 vs Riddick Moss and Tino Sabotelli, Revival vs Andrade/Cedric Alexander and Sanity vs Glorious Ten(Bobby Roode and Tye Dillinger).

The main angles of the night were Joe beating down a bunch of people throughout the taping to get to Nakamura. Nakamura was out injured for "6 weeks". Joe kept attacking people until Nakamura came out at the end of the tapings. They had a fun brawl which ended with Joe being knocked out.

Sanity debuted. They are Sawyer Fulton, Alexander Wolfe, Eric Young and Nikki Cross. They have a hell of an entrance and aura about them. Nikki is great just the woman that beats everyone down and is crazy. The NXT Olympics broke her I guess.

Andrade Cien Almas finally turned heel. Andrade and Cedric had a match. Cedric won and Cien shook his hand. They teamed for the Dusty Classic and I think you know what happens then. Cien got major heel heat beating down Cedric.

Looks like the next women's feud will be Asuka vs Billie Kaye. Asuka destroyed Liv in about a minute and Billie Kaye is now with Peyton Royce who returned at the tapings. 

Lots of CWC guys had matches, Bollywood boys, Lince, Rich Swann, Dar vs Gallagher happened in a dark match, Cedric. NO sign of the champ though

Serious question for indy/international fans - Could they turn the Dusty Classic into a tag team version of the CWC?

If they put say 8 teams fron NXT and 8 teams of international recognition, is there enough talent out there to do that? Maybe alternate and do CWC one year and the Dusty Classic the other?

I think it's better that they keep the Dusty Classic to NXT wrestlers.  Just by looking at the spoilers, it's a good way to set up new feuds and debuting new guys.  I'm wondering if they're going to do like last year and show highlights from house show matches or if they're just holding all the matches at Full Sail.

Warning for folks attending NXT houses shows

People are... let me say it this way... doing things that will be spoilers for the upcoming TV shows

So if you are REALLY anti-spoiler - don't read house show results

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Warning for folks attending NXT houses shows

People are... let me say it this way... doing things that will be spoilers for the upcoming TV shows

So if you are REALLY anti-spoiler - don't read house show results

And certainly dont go to house shows if you are afraid of being spoiled.

19 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I'm all for that team but it will annoy me forever if Gulak gets to keep his name and Busick is stuck with Oney Lorcan. I know it shouldn't annoy me, but it would.

Biff Busick is a pretty terrible name too, if his indy name was Oney Lorcan and they changed it to something dumb like Biff Busick people would be pissed off.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Phil Schneider said:

Biff Busick is a pretty terrible name too, if his indy name was Oney Lorcan and they changed it to something dumb like Biff Busick people would be pissed off.

Biff Busick > Oney Lorcan

Biff Busick could have been a decent name if the gimmick was being the son of Big Bully Busick, and wore the same attire as his dad while chomping on a cigar. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I was wondering why they didn't just keep calling him Christopher Girard which sounds like a perfectly acceptable made-up NXT name, but then I learned that's his real name so...

Rich Swann is on Raw using his real name, so who knows anymore? 

I do like the loosening of the reigns we've seen regarding guys using their established indy names.