DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2016

Dolfan in NYC

The Baby Bulls win the USL title with a 5-1 demolition of SPR (KC's USL team). BWP wins the golden boot and we actually hold a 2 goal lead on the road. Today was delightful.

Palace 2 - Liverpool 3 at half. Always something going on when these two meet. Coutinho is in unreal form. Lovren with a present to Palace for their first, nods home a header minutes later and then is at fault for another (though shockingly, Moreno did a poor job of closing down the crosser).

Would it be fair to say that in this Premier League season so far, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has degenerated to the point that he now actually is just a shit Andy Carroll?

By the way a special "fuck you" to MLS for scheduling the Red Bulls and boy city games back to back this Sunday, thus preventing the "going to games is the entire point of our lives" crew from being able to go to both.

3 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

What a first half in Yankee Stadium 

I'm hoping they win the whole thing with a Jozy hat trick in the final. Then he grabs a mic and says "All you people who held me up as the poster child for why MLS sucks can suck my dick!!!".

Remember when people were criticising Robin Van Persie for not performing well in the big games, and then he 'silenced his critics' by scoring a hat trick over a bottom three team? Wasn't a big game. Critics not silenced.

If you're the poster boy for why the MLS sucks, scoring a hat trick in a big MLS game doesn't really prove anything. Not when you've been a total dongle every time you've visited at the top table.

20 minutes ago, AxB said:

Remember when people were criticising Robin Van Persie for not performing well in the big games, and then he 'silenced his critics' by scoring a hat trick over a bottom three team? Wasn't a big game. Critics not silenced.

If you're the poster boy for why the MLS sucks, scoring a hat trick in a big MLS game doesn't really prove anything. Not when you've been a total dongle every time you've visited at the top table.

You're the worst.

On 2016-10-30 at 1:03 AM, Dewar said:

Monaco has enough money to buy some good players too, but the reality is that PSG is to Ligue 1 as Celtic has been to the SPL for the last five years.

I never see them play outside of Europe but with a very limited sample size I've liked that defender Jemerson they brought over from Brazil recently(?)