DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2016

Dolfan in NYC

I don't post here that much, because half the time I just honestly forget.

Anyway, I support Liverpool. I love the current makeup of the squad. Not just because of the result today, but I love the way this team plays football. I hope that we can get back to consistent European competition soon, because I'd hate for this group to get frustrated and leave like so many others have recently.

That was such a superb first half at Anfield. Klopp's magic is starting to come to fruition, with incredible technique, defensive unity and the highest work ethic possible. 

The second Arsenal goal was a thing of absolute beauty. Just majestic passing and movement that sliced Chelsea to bits. Goal of the year contender.

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Dropped.

Considering the result, they should have dropped him before. Rooney on the bench, 4-0.Rooney on the pitch, 0-1. Maybe England should have dropped him too.

• Like 1

I have no idea why they insisted on keeping Rooney as captain and literally messing up 4 or 5 guy's positions and roles just to accommodate him when he's done nothing of any real importance for basically 2 years.

Anyway, you know who is a really good team? Not Chelsea. These are good times.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2016 at 1:49 AM, Death From Above said:

I have no idea why they insisted on keeping Rooney as captain and literally messing up 4 or 5 guy's positions and roles just to accommodate him when he's done nothing of any real importance for basically 2 years.

Anyway, you know who is a really good team? Not Chelsea. These are good times.

Rooney would be perfect for MLS because while he isn't what he once was he's far from washed up and would sell tickets. Would be nice to see him come play for Metro but I doubt the Austrian overlords would be willing to pay for a big name.

On 24/09/2016 at 1:23 PM, The Natural said:

Bolton Wanderers vs. Bradford City in League One today. #2 vs. #4. First time Phil Parkinson goes up against Bradford City after leaving the Bantams in the summer. Phil Parkinson did a great job at Bradford City. Cheers, Parky.

0-0. Good result!

• Like 1

On 9/26/2016 at 4:38 PM, sabremike said:

Rooney would be perfect for MLS because while he isn't what he once was he's far from washed up and would sell tickets. Would be nice to see him come play for Metro but I doubt the Austrian overlords would be willing to pay for a big name.

MLS will find a way for him to be on the LA Galaxy anyway, so it's a moot point.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cubbymark said:

MLS will find a way for him to be on the LA Galaxy anyway, so it's a moot point.

Well his brother did play for Metro (who drafted him as a favor to the league) so him playing for us would be fitting. If they had the nerve to try and put him on boy city he'll tell them to scratch their ass.

NYRB win their CCL group by virtue of their scoreless draw against Antigua of Guatemala and advance to the knockout stage in February. Pitch was so waterlogged that they should've had a fifth official to serve as a lifeguard.