DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 2

RIPPA

Hypothetical:If the Washington football team had a home MNF game tonight, would it have been postponed, as the Nats game was?I say no.If they didnt postpone the Chiefs game the day after a player killed himself at a team facility and his girlfriend, they wouldnt postpone a MNF for a mass shooting.

I would say no as well because unlike the Nationals who play about 3 or 4 blocks from the shooting, the Skins are barely a DC team given where they play.  And hey traffic is a nightmare anyway. Now it was something a lot worse like the Pentagon during 9/11 then absolutely it would postpone the game. 

Bengals should be up. Our D has looked pretty good but penalties, special teams, and Daulton not throwing really accurate. At least it is 10-10 and we get the ball back to start the half. Hopefully they don't fall apart like we did last week in the second half.

Haley will be this season's sacrificial lamb because the Steelers never hold their head coach accountable but the piss-poor offense really isn't on him. He has sub-par running backs, sub-par receivers, a subterranean par offensive line...

Like hammer said, Ben is really their only above average offensive player and there's only so much he can do.

Hypothetical:If the Washington football team had a home MNF game tonight, would it have been postponed, as the Nats game was?I say no.If they didnt postpone the Chiefs game the day after a player killed himself at a team facility and his girlfriend, they wouldnt postpone a MNF for a mass shooting.

The Nationals Stadium is actually directly outside the Navy Yard(The metro stop for the stadium is the Navy Yard stop), while FedEx is in Maryland, it isn't really equivalent.  There is no way possible they could have played the Nats game, they shut down everything in that area. 

• Like 1