DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 2

RIPPA

I think the over/under on a full-blown mutiny is Week 5.

And it's not just the stupid penalties. If you have to call timeout because a certain group of players don't know if they're supposed to be on the field or not, that's bad coaching because that's something that should be figured out in camp. There are things that coaches get blamed for and shouldn't but organization is not one of them.

As someone who has an amount riding on an 0-16 season I sincerely wish nothing but ill will upon the Jags. And I have a terrible feeling if they sign Tebow they'll somehow beat Buffalo. Or maybe Cleveland.

With MJD out, as of now, those are both double digit losses. 

As someone who has an amount riding on an 0-16 season I sincerely wish nothing but ill will upon the Jags. And I have a terrible feeling if they sign Tebow they'll somehow beat Buffalo. Or maybe Cleveland.

#clownshoesforclowney
  • Like 1

Jay Cutler is so clutch. We made some horrible mistakes, but JAY CUTLER IS SO CLUTCH!

Clutch, to me, means recovering from a bad play and leading your team to victory in a championship game? Has Jay Cutler ever done that?

FLAG ON THE FIELD

Illegal use of a troll post when your own QB eats shit.

5 "Likes" penalty, repeat the down.

• Like 4

#clownshoesforclowney

I really hope the Browns end up the worst team in the league so we can hopefully get a legitimate quarterback.  Seriously, the team has talent, but you can't win when you don't at least have a professional* quarterback.  The Browns haven't had a legitimate professional quarterback since Vinny Testaverde.  If they had any offense whatsoever they would probably be 2-0, but fucking Brandon Weeden can't lead the team to the end zone.  I swear I'm doomed to rooting for a team that will never bring me any joy.  I really don't know why i keep putting myself through this shit.

*professional=average

#clownshoesforclowney

I really hope the Browns end up the worst team in the league so we can hopefully get a legitimate quarterback.  Seriously, the team has talent, but you can't win when you don't at least have a professional* quarterback.  The Browns haven't had a legitimate professional quarterback since Vinny Testaverde.  If they had any offense whatsoever they would probably be 2-0, but fucking Brandon Weeden can't lead the team to the end zone.  I swear I'm doomed to rooting for a team that will never bring me any joy.  I really don't know why i keep putting myself through this shit.

*professional=average

So you're saying you weren't a fan of the brief Spergon Wynn era?

Thing is we all know why JAX doesn't/shouldn't want Timmay, but since the season is already circling the drain, why not sign him anyway, and then count the money rushing in from the mass selling of his jersey? On the one hand, insane christian fans, on the other, money, sweet, Sweet, SWEET, money. . .

Hypothetical:

If the Washington football team had a home MNF game tonight, would it have been postponed, as the Nats game was?

I say no.

If they didnt postpone the Chiefs game the day after a player killed himself at a team facility and his girlfriend, they wouldnt postpone a MNF for a mass shooting.

first time posting in a sports thread oh no i'm so scared aaaaaaaThe reason that Jacksonville doesn't sign Tebow is that if they sign him, he could win games. If he wins games, they lose their draft placement next year, AND get stuck with Tebow. The first pick they are on course to have right now is way more valuable than the potential jersey sales. Now if they go out next year and draft Bridgewater, only for him to get taken underground by some Old God's cult to be turned into a vessel for His dark message (or something season-ending like that) then yeah, maybe hire Tebow. Not this year.