DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

6 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

One of the Flair/Hogan MSG matches is on the network and it's awesome. Great crowd too.

Thanks!  It's 12/22/91 MSG if anybody wants to add it to the watchlist.  Their search function has really improved...I just entered "Hogan" "Flair" "Madison."

Speaking of curfews, my worst curfew story was when I saw my first Great American Bash tour show in July of 87.  The main was Dusty vs Tully in a barbed wire match and the show had been running long by that point.  It was getting close to 11pm and Capetta announced that they'd "struck a deal with Arena management to extend the curfew."  The crowed popped for it but we knew we'd been lied to when Dusty hit Tully with a gimmick and pinned him less than a minute in.

Thank you guys at Google Doodle for not securing the image link and letting me save it to my hard drive.

rodolfo-guzman-huerta-el-santos-99th-bir

I need a moment.... The contractors that do the cleaning here must've used too much ammonia this morning.  No other reason why my eyes should be this watery.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

El Santo getting that Google love through a slideshow of his career is incredibly awesome. They even mentioned the crazy movies!

To be fair, it's far more likely that they were going to mention the movies than the wrestling.

• Like 1

I saw Hogan vs Flair at a Raw in Toronto in 2002. It was the same night the Undertaker dragged Hogan with his motorcycle backstage and I remember that way more than the match.

16 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

That Wiki has to be wrong.  While Hogan had those 2 WCW wins, he also had all those count-out wins against Flair at MSG shows.

Hogan also beat him at Superbrawl IX and Uncensored 00 in the Yapipipipipipi Strap Match.

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

Let the jokes begin: Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo welcome Dusty Rose Levine into the world. EEFYAWEEL.

If he ends up going on about how much he loved Dusty Rhodes, I might have to take back half the shit I said in the past about him and Maroon 5.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

.....how much?

A little over market, but it was for charity.  You're always going to pay a little extra.

42 minutes ago, Pete said:

Let the jokes begin: Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo welcome Dusty Rose Levine into the world. EEFYAWEEL.

There's a joke to be made about anatomy and the "pay windah," but I'm too classy to make it.

• Like 2