DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

I don't think the intention of the Divas Revolution was to crap on the rest of the division. They tried to pair them off and create factions, it just didn't stick. Paige got lost in the shuffle because of how unremarkable she is on the main roster. Even when Emma was in C-show purgatory she was still interesting in the ring. Paige on the main roster post-AJ has been dull.

I don't think the Revolution was meant to crap on those other women but it did. Everything that came from it, including the factions and added importance, only came about because they brought those women up. Prior to that, creative didn't give a damn about the women already there, working hard to win the crowd despite the 3 minute matches and idiotic booking. Look at the two women's Mania matches and the focus they got. Night and day.

Having said that, things feel better now but there was definitely a feeling of "the Horsewomen....and them" when this all first began.

• Like 2

I'll add pictures later,  but my wife and I are pretty much right in line of the hard camera. Didn't realize the seats were this good when I got them. I'm in the KO shirt, she's in a Bayley shirt with unicorn horn. This is kind of surreal. 

Oh, and I apologize if I break your TV screen with my ugliness. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Plus, they're like really public about it.  There's another relationship in wrestling happening outside of WWE that is slightly more scandalous/entertaining/trainwreck but nobody is really talking about it because they're not putting everything on blast themselves even though everyone knows what's happening that can even slightly read between the lines.

Do you mean Bram and Rosemary? Because that got acknowledged on telly. She had him kidnapped and everything.

• Like 2

I really hope no one is naive enough to believe these adderall stories.  Do you really think all of these guys/girls are ADHD?  I mean, there's a good chance many of them get dirty doctors to fill them scripts for adderall (among other pills), but even still why would do many make the mistake of letting their scripts expire?  Its just the latest excuse for getting popped for getting high.  The only source for knowing the adderall excuse is from the people getting caught, we never hear confirmation of what drug it was.  So that could be bullshit too.

I mean, why has there never been a single suspension for a wrestler having no/expired script for pain pills?  Are you telling me that not a single worker is popping some pain pills?

Basically, this happened in Football first, but for whatever reason legally the company can only say you failed a test, and not say what it was for.  So you say Adderall so people don't think you're a roid monkey or a coke head, but the company can't say you're lying

• Like 1

Has the idea of what could've possibly been Brock vs. Necro ever been brought up?

I was talking with a friend of mine of all of the indy guys who've gotten signed and we thought Brock vs. Necro would've been great if y'know, Necro wasn't Necro outside of the ring.

I also think Orton vs. Necro could've worked.

Anyway, yeah, just curious if that has been thought of before which I'm sure it has.

1 minute ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The Necro thought made me think of Reckless Youth... and how I've known about him for almost 20 years and still have never seen one of his matches.

Reading Apter mags as a kid I learned about this whole world I never saw populated by guys named Reckless Youth, Dirty White Boy, and Wifebeater. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I read something about Vince getting injured, maybe tearing his quad while lifting weights. Has this been officially reported anywhere?

This great post from WWE.com

" WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon sustained an injury while training, requiring surgery, WWE.com has learned. The Chairman will be back in the office at WWE Headquarters on Wednesday, as usual. "

44 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

This great post from WWE.com

" WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon sustained an injury while training, requiring surgery, WWE.com has learned. The Chairman will be back in the office at WWE Headquarters on Wednesday, as usual. "

That Pokemon character attacked Vince from behind, surely.

• Like 1