DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So the talk about his Lucha show in Yakima had me do a internet search and I found some fan cam footage on youtube of WWE live events from 2012. it's not every match on the show but its five of the 8.

1/13/12

Daniel Bryan vs Jamie Noble

Tyler Reks vs Brodus Clay

WWE World Tag Team Championship: Air Boom (Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston) (c) vs Epico and Primo

John Cena vs Kane

WWE Championship: CM Punk (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

20 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Yes - he's fighting under the CM Punk name - he's got the name on his fight gear

Lol, pro wrestlers are odd.

I'm not sure if I'm rooting for Punk to win or lose.  Which outcome results in Rippa banning and/or murdering the fewest people?

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Nice. Not only do I get Viceland, but that episode is available On Demand. 

I watched about half of that last night, and Jeezis, was it surreal. That Action Bronson guy (who I'd never heard of until last night) had to have been just absolutely stoned completely out of his mind, and RVD acted not really far behind him. Everyone really has to see a wrecked RVD explain Scientology to a confused Sabu.

It was funny that the show is described as a MST3K-style stoner take on Ancient Aliens, and they talked about the show about 2 percent of the time. Plus, I'd never seen Ancient Aliens before, which was completely ridiculous. "Some people think these tidal waves were caused by ancient aliens." I want a show called Lollipop Men where I say "some people think this earthquake was caused by the Lollipop Men." Just ridiculousness piled on top of ridiculousness.

• Like 2

I haven't been able to sit through an entire episode because fuck, it's just people smoking weed 90% of the time and rambling the other 10% but there are moments that are gold, like Melissa Etheridge being all-in on the Ancient Aliens theories and then jamming acoustic guitar while Bronson freestyles. Sabu looks insanely geeked out in that episode -- are his eyes always that huge? I think he might've been on something other than bud. 

The other Action Bronson show (Fuck, That's Delicious) is a whole lot better. This is a conversation for the TV thread though

39 minutes ago, jstout said:

I watched about half of that last night, and Jeezis, was it surreal. That Action Bronson guy (who I'd never heard of until last night) had to have been just absolutely stoned completely out of his mind, and RVD acted not really far behind him. Everyone really has to see a wrecked RVD explain Scientology to a confused Sabu.

It was funny that the show is described as a MST3K-style stoner take on Ancient Aliens, and they talked about the show about 2 percent of the time. Plus, I'd never seen Ancient Aliens before, which was completely ridiculous. "Some people think these tidal waves were caused by ancient aliens." I want a show called Lollipop Men where I say "some people think this earthquake was caused by the Lollipop Men." Just ridiculousness piled on top of ridiculousness.

Well, I know what I'm watching tonight. 

I think Punk fighting as CM Punk and not Phil Brooks has more to do with UFC than him. Punk owns the name, and he's far more recognizable under that name, so why wouldn't UFC promote the fight with former WWE champion CM Punk, vs former professional wrestler Phil Brooks? Side note: I was watching some pre fight coverage and they were going over some of Punk's accomplishments and they stuttered over 3 Time WWE World Heavyweight Champion while promoting this welterweight fight. It was pretty funny.

Has anyone other than Brock started in pro wrestling, then gone onto UFC and had success,  The pro wrestlers I can recall getting into UFC after pro wrestling didn't do all that well (Katsuyori Shibata, I'm looking at you).  The name guys I can think of who have done both started off in MMA then got into wrestling (Ken Shamrock, Don Frye).  Who started out in pro wrestling, jumped to MMA and did well?

1 minute ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Nobuhiko Takada is the first name I can think of. 

Ugh.  I completely forgot Takada was in NJPW before UWF.  I'm generally a little fuzzy on the backgrounds of the guys who worked the "worked shoot" promotions and how much of those matches were worked and how much was shoot.

Had no idea Shamrock wrestled before MMA

5 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Ugh.  I completely forgot Takada was in NJPW before UWF.  I'm generally a little fuzzy on the backgrounds of the guys who worked the "worked shoot" promotions and how much of those matches were worked and how much was shoot.

Had no idea Shamrock wrestled before MMA

Look up Vince Torelli, wrestled in South Atlantic Pro Wrestlng.